Cardno International Development (Cardno) is seeking a Senior Development Specialist (SDS) to join our Communities, Infrastructure and Environment Team. We are searching for an enthusiastic and entrepreneurial high performer who has a passion for international development, and experience in a dynamic home office or field office environment.
The SDS will contribute to project management and business development, collaborate with teams across the globe, and from time to time be expected to conduct field assignments. The primary duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Liaise between field and home office teams on operational, contractual, human resource, and administrative matters;
- Monitor project budgets and develop projections;
- Review subcontractor and consultant invoices and expense reports;
- Recruit and mobilize consultants;
- Provide operational and administrative assistance in program start up and close out; and
- Conduct desktop and other research to inform project design and implementation.
- Identify and track new opportunities through desktop research;
- Contribute to proposal and pre-proposal development efforts in research, coordination, and other areas as required;
- Liaise with recruiters and field staff to identify the best candidates for new and upcoming projects; and
- Draft sections of proposals.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or environmental science required; Master’s degree preferred
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience, including experience in the international development field
- Experience working on business development efforts for donor agencies highly preferred
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent conceptual, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in a developing country context highly preferred
- Proficiency in the English language required; additional languages preferred
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25%
- US work authorization required.
Cardno is an international company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange [ASX:CDD].
* Please Note that selected candidates will be required to pass a background and reference screening. Cardno is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer EEO/AA/M/F/V/D
Cardno International Development has a 50-year history of serving the U.S. Government’s foreign assistance objectives. The team brings together a broad range of experience and talent, a rich history of innovation and passion, and an established reputation for high quality services across many sectors. We have offices in Brisbane, Brussels, Dili, Jakarta, Manila, Melbourne, Nairobi, Oxford, Port Moresby, Yangon, and Washington, D.C.