Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. (Cardno) is seeking a Senior Development Specialist (SDS) with a focus on Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) to join our Economic Growth practice. We are searching for an enthusiastic high performer who has a passion for economic growth in developing countries and skills in M&E that will contribute to improved project designs, improved management practices, and accurate evaluation on the existing programs. The SDS will contribute to implementation of technical assignments, business development, and project management. The primary duties and responsibilities of Senior Development Specialist, M&E and Economic Growth include but are not limited to:
- Contribute to technical products in the areas of international trade, SME development, market systems, policy analysis, private sector engagement, youth economic empowerment, value chain development, workforce development, with particular focus on designing M&E systems, measuring impact, and utilizing M&E systems as a management tool.
- Make presentations to clients and colleagues on technical subjects listed above. Represent Cardno as technical expert, facilitate workshops, and hold stakeholder meetings on field visits for relevant projects and/or proposals.
- Lead and contribute to technical reports and thought pieces for clients, internal Cardno reports, and the broader international development community.
- Engage in short term technical assignments on projects in the above mentioned areas.
- Lead and participate in subject matter working groups.
- Contribute to pre-proposal and proposal efforts through management, research, brainstorming, recruiting, and other areas as required.
- Draft sections of proposals, particularly in the areas of M&E, proposed indicators, and project management.
- Provide written inputs to various sections of proposals including technical narratives, staffing, qualifications, management, and other, as required by the requests for proposals (RFPs).
- Participate in overseas marketing initiatives, targeting key private and public sector stakeholders and/or USAID.
- Liaise with recruiters and field staff to identify, interview and recruit the best candidates for upcoming projects.
- Conceptualize and draft marketing materials in consultation with communications staff.
- Identify new opportunities through desktop and in-country research.
- Serve as project manager for designated projects including deliverable coordination, technical direction, staffing, contractual/subcontract oversight, budgeting, monitoring of progress, review of final products.
- Liaise between field and headquarters office teams on operational, contractual, human resource, and administrative matters. Maintain and manage a positive working relationship with consultants and clients.
- Draft terms of reference for technical assistance activities for designated projects; and recruit subcontracts and consultants to carry our required tasks.
- Monitor project budgets, project invoices and monthly projections.
- Train and mentor of junior staff.
- Conduct desktop and other research as needed;
- Undergraduate degree in Economics, Mathematics, International Relations, Business or other relevant fields (Master’s degree preferred)
- Overseas work experience in a relevant field such as Finance, Economics, Monitoring and Evaluation, and Business.
- 4-7 years of progressively responsible technical experience in international development, finance, or investments with BA; 3 years of similar experience with Master’s degree. Technical experience preferred in M&E and economic development.
- Excellent communication skills including excellent writing skills.
- Experience in project management for various clients, preferably experience with USAID, and other donors.
- Experience leading and writing proposals for United States Government development institutions, and other international development organizations.
- Strong analytical capabilities, critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work independently and in teams; self-motivated with attention to detail and passion for development.
- Willingness to travel overseas to developing countries up to 20% of the time.
- Foreign language skills.
- US work authorization required.
About the OrganizationCardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd., is part of Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division with international development assistance companies in Brisbane, Brussels, Jakarta, Melbourne, Nairobi, Oxford, Port Moresby, and Washington, DC. Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. was formerly Emerging Markets Group, Ltd. and brings nearly a 30-year history serving the objectives of bilateral and multilateral donors and private clients. The Emerging Markets Division brings together a broad range of experience and talent; a rich history of innovation, passion and commitment to international development and an established reputation for high quality demand and client driven services.
Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division manages more than $750 million in current contracts and grants, brings together over 90 years of collective experience, and engages over 3,700 professionals in more than 100 countries. Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division currently implements over 130 projects globally.