Chemonics seeks two Senior Directors, Global Health Programs for its Global Health Division (GHD) within the Global Health and Supply Chain Office (GHSCO), located in Arlington, VA. The senior directors will bring skills in technical leadership and work in close collaboration with the Managing Director, Global Health Programs to provide high quality technical assistance to Chemonics’ bilateral projects. The senior directors will lead a team and ensure technical excellence of existing and new projects. The senior directors will provide input into business development efforts and contribute to thought leadership activities. These directors will report directly to the GHD Managing Director, Global Health Programs. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
Management and Leadership
- Supervise Chiefs of Party (COP) of assigned projects and ensures project implementation is compliant and meets contractual targets and client expectations; responsible for overall performance management for COP
- Provide assistance to assigned GHD project management unit(s) in project technical implementation
- Oversee proposal development efforts in areas of expertise including analyzing and recommending bid decisions and conceptualizing teaming and technical approaches to maximize competitive advantage. Generally, assumes role of proposal lead, technical writer or technical resource, providing vision and leadership to proposal teams, and mentoring and supervising the application of best practices throughout the entire proposal process. Also serves as technical advisor on bids led by others
- Design and oversee the technical implementation of Chemonics health projects by applying in-depth technical expertise
- Support knowledge stewardship—capture, and dissemination of successful and innovative approaches from Chemonics projects
- Advance body of knowledge and quality standards in primary discipline and practice networks. Formulate interdisciplinary approaches to guide project work, new business efforts, and technical assignments, and advise clients on technical trends and programming priorities
- Build capacity of in-country technical teams to implement projects with fidelity and realism and provides hands-on technical assistance
- Serve as a mentor in area of expertise to Chemonics’ staff
- Conduct regular supervisory field office visits to assess the status of project activities or to participate in technical or evaluation work. Assume role of acting COP as necessary
- Support the company’s new business by informing strategies, conducting periodic travel to evaluate new business opportunities, representing Chemonics, and/or gathering information to write a technical proposal. Interact with key client and counterpart staff to strategically influence programming decisions, and develop strategic partnerships with local organizations/firms
Thought Leadership Development
- Highlight Chemonics’ innovations and achievements in the health sector by supporting the development of technical products, such as abstracts, white papers, guidelines and tools, articles, blogs, and success stories
- Represent GHD and Chemonics by participating in and contributing to industry forums, such as technical working groups, conferences, and events
- Build and maintain relationships with the global health community, including key clients, most notably USAID country missions
- Maintain key institutional relationships with partners in the sector
- Keep abreast of innovative and successful technical approaches in health systems strengthening, infectious diseases and other areas of global health as relevant.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as required
- Master’s degree in public health or a related discipline required; MD or PhD desirable
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience required
- Demonstrated expertise required in one or more of the following areas:
- Infectious diseases (malaria preferred)
- Health systems strengthening (preferred), community health, health financing, private sector engagement, leadership and governance and/or social and behavior change
- Demonstrated experience implementing programs or supporting program implementation in low-and middle-income countries, preferably in sub-Saharan Africa or South/Southeast Asia
- Business development experience, including proposal writing
- Demonstrated program planning and design skills
- Demonstrated experience providing technical assistance in global health
- Strong knowledge of trends in global health, donor initiatives and programs within and outside of USAID
- Knowledge of global health architecture and stakeholder groups
- Strong networks in the global health community
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated ability leading teams
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, innovative mindset, and integrity
- Fluency in English required; fluency in French preferred
Apply through our Career Center at https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=CHEMONICS&cws=50&rid=3995 by January 26, 2021. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data.
COVID-19 Recruitment Information
Chemonics International is monitoring COVID-19 activity around the world. The health and wellbeing of our staff is of the utmost importance to us, and we continue to hire for all open roles with interviewing and on-boarding done virtually. Our new hires and current staff working from our Washington, DC, Arlington, VA, and London offices will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.
Chemonics International is a leading international development consulting firm based in Washington, D.C. with more than 40 years of experience implementing programs around the world.