The Senior Director of Contracts shall participate in every element of government acquisition, including requests for proposal, financial and contractual analysis, program management, and subcontracting. Support negotiations and administer contracts with the US government and subcontracts with large and small business prime contractors across the breadth of contract types. Prepare teaming and non-disclosure agreements and organizational conflict of interest plans. Serve as an advisor regarding contract requirements, client specifications, and government regulations.
- Participate in the development of Company-wide contract policies and practices and process improvement initiatives; ensure contract practices, transactions and documentation comply with Company policies and procedures, contract requirements, and Government regulations.
- Review pre-bid client solicitations and support proposal preparation activity as it relates to contractual requirements.
- Review, evaluate, draft and negotiate various types of contract related documents (i.e., Teaming Agreements, Subcontracts, Consultant agreements, Vendor Agreements, Purchase Orders, RFQs, RFPs, NDAs, etc.) for compliance with corporate and divisional policies and procedures.
- Review and process all contract modifications for Prime and Subcontracts to include changes in scope, period of performance, funding levels and general updates in collaboration with Senior Management, project teams and accounting.
- Monitor FAR and Agency standard procurement regulations and clauses for updates with focus on active contracts and future bidding impacts.
- Coordinate with accounting department in overseeing contract and task order funding and administering contract invoicing and payments, job cost management, contract audit/filing and close-out process.
- Coordinate, develop, and produce a wide range of complex contract documentation in response to customer inquiries, to address project contractual issues, and as otherwise required for the compliant and complete administration of the contract.
- Responsible for effectively collaborating with program and project personnel to successfully achieve this task.
- Assist the compliance department and others with audits and reviews of contracts and responding to data calls.
- Manage GSA schedule reporting activities, by implementing processes to ensure compliance, price management (rate escalations and labor category changes) IFF reporting process and contract administration. Mastery of GSAdvantage and eBuy.
- Administer government-public contracts at the federal, international and commercial levels. Including review/approval process for entering into new contracts, contract negotiation, implementation, reporting, invoicing, closeout and compliance.
- Monitor legal, financial, regulatory, and business risk in contract and subcontract terms and conditions; Communicate these exposures effectively and efficiently to company decision makers, when necessary.
- Apply risk profile/assessment matrix across business base using corporate guidelines and escalate agreements as required.
- Resolve and finalize agreement terms directly with customer personnel and attorneys.
- Propose alternative contract terms acceptable to the company when customer and company terms and conditions differ.
- Interface with various organizational and customer representatives including but not limited to: contracts and program staff, legal and finance staff, government representatives, etc.
- Maintain centralized contract files (hard copy and electronic) and a centralized repository of reviewed and negotiated agreements and bids.
- Review complete package of bid documents to determine what terms need approval and distribute to and work with functional owners to accept or negotiate alternate terms as required by the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or legal related field
- Minimum 10+ years’ experience in government contracting and contracts negotiation, including 3+ years with USAID, international contracting experience preferred
- Experience managing procurement and implementation of various types of government contracts, to include firm fixed-price, performance based, cost reimbursable, time and materials, IDIQ, BPA, GSA Schedule and Task Orders
- Knowledge of federal, and agency laws, regulations, and procedures applicable to the administration of government contracts, including: AIDAR, FAM, FAR, etc.
- Ability to liaise appropriately and effectively between the program/project team and the external customer for the optimal resolution of contract issues
- Good judgment in balancing business and commercial needs and potential risks/exposures with customer requests
- Detail oriented with a high degree of integrity, intensity, and involvement
- Demonstrated ability to work within tight schedules and under pressure, both independently and as part of a team. Strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative / integrative style of working to reach common goals and objectives.
- Capacity to follow instructions while having an inquisitive attitude and the ability to work resourcefully with others in resolving any differences
- Must be flexible and receptive to change in the workplace
- Good communication skills both written and oral
- International contracting experience preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
About the Organization
Social Solutions International, Inc. is a woman and minority-owned company. Social Solutions emphasizes quality research and evaluation, training and technical assistance, and institutional support services. We are a mission-driven organization that believes that superior science can improve the world. Social Solutions is dedicated to the creation of social and health solutions to improve the welfare of underserved populations worldwide.