Palladium’s Health Practice is vibrant and growing. We currently seek a Sr. Director of Strategic Growth to provide direction and leadership for the continued growth of the Health Practice and oversight of a talented team of business development professionals. The Sr. Director of Strategic Growth will be a member of the Health Practice Senior Leadership Team and report to the Managing Partner for Health. The position will be based in Washington DC. The primary responsibility of the Sr. Director of Strategic Growth is to lead the strategic vision for continued growth and oversee the business development team and process within the Health Practice.
In particular, the Sr. Director of Strategic Growth will:
* Set the strategic direction for the Health Practice for continued growth
* Lead the development of the next iteration of the Health Practice’s Strategic Growth Plan
* Oversee the implementation of the Strategic Growth Plan
* Broaden Palladium’s client base within the US Government and the corporate sector
Direct the proposal development and writing process
* Ensure that the capture process, from lead generation through submission, is strategic, efficient, well-organized and appropriately resourced, and that proposals meet the highest standards of quality, are compliant, and error-free.
* Provide oversight and leadership to proposal writers and the bid writing process. To serve effectively in this role, must have proven experience as a lead bid writer on winning bids.
* Model good judgement in the strategic decision-making process, including partnering
Oversee and mentor business development professionals in
* Gathering early business intelligence
* Strategic capture, planning, teaming and writing
* Managing the “step review” process
* Proposal management from early stage teaming through submission and post-submission
* Establish relationships and effectively articulate our offerings to the international community, including a broad array of both public and private sector clients
Oversee external positioning
* Work closely with Palladium’s external communications team to make effective use of social media channels to optimize external awareness of Palladium’s offerings
* Work closely with Palladium’s Health Practice Communications Team to develop effective marketing materials consistent with Palladium’s corporate branding specifications Minimum education and experience required
* Degree in international field, post-graduate preferred
* Minimum of 7 years of experience in business development, health emphasis preferred
* Minimum 7 years of experience in a senior management role, preferably in an international development environment.
* Strong preference for demonstrated experience in at least one of the following technical areas: health systems strengthening, maternal and child health, and/or private sector health
* Strong preference for direct work experience in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, and Latin America and the Caribbean
Key competencies and professional expertise required
* Exceptional leadership, team-building, and communication skills
* Excels at effectively gathering business intelligence and cultivating high level strategic relationships in an international environment
* Proven experience in leading and managing business development teams
* Proven and consistent ability to win contracts and/or grants above $25M in a highly competitive environment
* Demonstrated ability to cross-sell
* Solution-oriented and creative thinker
* Willingness to travel abroad, approximately 15%
About the Organization
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.