Senior Economic Policy and Operations Advisor
- Based in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
- D4 remuneration under the Aid Adviser Remuneration Framework (ARF)
Abt PNG Management Services supports the PNG Australia Governance Partnership which aims to contribute to security, stability, basic service delivery and inclusive growth for all Papua New Guineans. The Facility is responsible for the design and implementation of the majority of Australia’s governance portfolio under the strategic direction and oversight of the Australian and PNG Governments. Bringing governance activities under one umbrella, the Facility allows for greater coherence between, and consolidation of, individual activities, effective gender mainstreaming, smarter administrative, contracting and management processes, and improved knowledge sharing and actions on lessons learned across the governance portfolio.
There are seven Partnerships that the Facility supports, each with their own governance arrangements:
- Public Sector Leadership and Reform (PSLR)
- Decentralisation and Citizen Participation (DCP)
- Economic Governance and Inclusive Growth (EGIG)
- Kokoda Initiative
- Bougainville Partnership
- PNG Partnership Fund (PPF)
- Institutional Partnerships Program Deployment Support Services (IPPDSS)
The Economic Governance and Inclusive Growth Partnership (EGIG) works with the Governments of Papua New Guinea and Australia to build macro-economic stability, improve fiscal management and promote inclusive economic growth.
Role Summary – Senior Economic and Operations Advisor
This role will support the Treasurer, Ministry and the Department of Treasury to achieve these goals through coordinating work towards meeting PNG’s monetary and fiscal policy reform targets.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Manage, coordinate and advise on strategies that support PNG meeting its economic reform targets, with an early focus on the IMF SMP.
- Support the capacity of the Ministry and Department of Treasury monitor and report on the status of policy reforms.
- Work collaboratively with staff and other advisers in the Treasury Ministry and across other economic ministries to provide comprehensive and coherent economic policy advice aligned with the implementation of PNGs economic reform agenda.
- Support the identification and mobilisation of specific technical advice and assistance using Treasury expertise, EGIG advisory service mechanisms or multilateral assistance as appropriate.
- Assist the Ministry and the Department on collaboration, coordination and engagements with the multilateral and bilateral donors about current and future technical and financial assistance.
- Assist the Ministry and Department on drafting of speeches, media releases and daily media summaries,
- Identify potential areas of risks for the Treasurer, the Ministry and Treasury Department about fiscal and economic reforms and develop risk mitigation strategies.
- Assist the Ministry and the Department in implementing portfolio responsibilities with the Ministerial Economic Committee.
- Promote a culture of professionalism, best practice, high performance and excellence and encourage robust discussions on proposed fiscal and economic reforms in the Treasury Ministry and Department; and
- Any other duties as requested by the Treasurer and/or the Ministry. Promote a culture of professionalism, best practice, high performance and excellence and encourage robust discussions on proposed fiscal and economic reforms in the Treasury Ministry and Department; and
- Any other duties as requested by the Treasurer and/or the Ministry
Further details regarding this opportunity and associated remuneration can be found in the ‘Information for Applicants’ in the ‘View Position Description’ link at the top of the Abt Careers page.
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and MUST include a CV and covering letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria listed. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from diverse backgrounds, gender and people with disabilities.
Go to ‘Apply Now’, ‘Aus/UK Postings’ and by searching ‘By Country/ Region’ for Papua New Guinea, you will find this and all other roles currently being advertised for Abt Associates in PNG. Applications should be submitted online and should include a current CV, cover letter and a response to the key selection criteria, including questions of due diligence.
The closing date for applications is Sunday, 29 March 2020, (midnight, local time).
We welcome and thank all applications, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
About the Organization
About Abt Associates
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.