Join an Innovative Social Enterprise
Serving the International Aid & Development Community
Devex is a social enterprise serving its members – leading firms, donor agencies, and NGOs working in international development, global health and humanitarian assistance – through business information and recruiting services. We operate devex.com, the most popular international development website. Our members include the Asian Development Bank, CARE, Microsoft, World Bank, UNDP and thousands of international development professionals working around the world. Our international organization is headquartered in Washington, DC, and has offices in Barcelona, London, Manila and Tokyo.
Our diverse global team includes 100 professionals with experience in business, journalism, information technology, and international development. Our team members are dedicated and enthusiastic about our mission, and have excellent academic and professional credentials with a global outlook. If this describes you, we encourage you to submit your application. We are building a team of the best-and-brightest professionals to lead this exciting social enterprise to the next level.
Senior Editorial Associate
The world’s most popular international aid & development web media brand – Devex – has an opportunity for a web-savvy editor who thrives in a breaking news environment and gets our market.
Do you know how to write a snappy headline and focused lede? Do you have an idea about what kind of content aid workers are looking for? Do you want to help build the Devex brand around the world?
Devex is seeking a bright and driven professional with a background in journalism and an entrepreneurial spirit. This is a full-time staff position available in our Manila office. There’s lots of room for growth and compensation is competitive.
- Identify daily breaking news coverage priorities
- Assign coverage and work with writers on story angles
- Edit coverage using AP style
- Write blogs and articles
- Oversee newsletter production
- Supervise the daily “look” of our website
- Coordinate coverage with fellow editors
- Identify ways to improve the global reach of our news coverage
- Supervise a team of breaking news writers
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, International Development or related courses, Master’s degree is preferred.
- Experience working as an editor
- Experience leading teams
- Experience working for a highly regarded global publication
- Knowledge of international affairs
- Knowledge of Associated Press writing style
- Knowledge of and experience with the international aid & development community
- Experience working in a multicultural team environment
- Photo editing