Since 2001, Dexis has provided innovative management solutions for a secure and prosperous world. In the last three years alone, Dexis has worked in 90 countries supporting critical missions of agencies in the global development and security assistance space. With triple digit growth in recent years, Dexis was ranked in the top 10 consulting firms by funding at the US Agency for International Development in FY16 and FY17. Dexis was also among the highest rated employers on Glassdoor, where many of its 250-plus employees cited a people-centered leadership and culture as the main drivers to its success.
Dexis is seeking to build its roster of experienced Senior Education Consultants to provide short- and medium-term technical assistance services to USAID’s missions globally.
The consultants will provide technical support to the USAID education offices and teams related to a variety of tasks and deliverables. This may include a range of tasks related to project design, including the development of Project Appraisal Documents (PADs) and accompanying analyses. This may involve areas in basic education (e.g. education in conflict/crisis; primary grade reading), workforce development, and higher education. As experts in program and project design and implementation functions, the consultants will help support USAID education programs throughout the program cycle (e.g. project design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and research/studies). There may be a a variety of short- and medium- term consultancies that may be available in the near future, ranging from 2 weeks to 6 months in length.
- Master’s degree in Education, International Development, or a related field is required.
- Minimum of eight years of experience in international development or a related field, with a minimum of three years working on program design and implementation for donor organizations and/or non-governmental organizations.
- Demonstrated history of providing mentoring for staff.
- Able to produce high-quality reports and other documents in English.
- Experience working on project design and development within the last three years.
- Previous experience living and working in under-developed environments. The position requires travel within the region; mentoring across cultures and across disciplinary specialties; skillfully providing advice where there is no direct line of authority; and rapid assessment of opportunities and constraints. It requires expertise in working across cultures and across teams in a rapidly shifting environment.
About the Organization
Winner of the 2014 Small Business of the Year at the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and working in nearly 90 countries in FY 2015 for USAID and the Department of State, Dexis supports US federal agencies in the areas of program monitoring and evaluation, program learning, and program support. We are not only one of the fastest growing firms in international development, we are rated among the highest among our peers on employee-reviewed sites.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.