Creative Associates seeks a Senior Education Technical Advisor for an anticipated USAID funded education project in Yemen. The Senior Technical Advisor will have overall responsibility for the quality implementation of activities related to educational systems strengthening and provide evidence-based, timely and responsive implementation leadership to the project, to ensure program targets are met.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Senior Technical Advisor will report to the Chief of Party (COP).
- Lead the program’s Systems Strengthening activities under the direction of the COP.
- Provide technical design, implementation leadership, and oversight to interventions supporting Systems Strengthening that lead to improved access to quality education.
- Improve equity and inclusion of disadvantaged populations among the target school-age population.
- Improve Ministry of Education capacity to effectively provide quality education services.
- Provide thought leadership and program management experience to strengthen state and local government capacity to deliver basic education services by addressing key issues in education management, sustainability, and oversight;
- Contribute to knowledge management (KM) system design and organizational integration that provides results pertaining to strengthening strategic planning systems, EMIS, and improved performance management and accountability;
- Contribute to monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities as they relate to systems strengthening;
- Define needs for local and international short-term technical support as required;
- Maintain strong relationships and collaboration with the client and other implementing partners working on Systems Strengthening initiatives;
- Ensure that best practices are integrated from ongoing projects as appropriate;
- If required, provide management, leadership, and mentorship for national professional staff.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in education or a closely-related field;
- At least 10 years of education project implementation experience, preferably in Yemen and/or the MENA region;
- Specific experience in primary education reform, policy institutional capacity building from central down to school level and working in conflict-affected environments;
- Ability to work closely with host country governments and local organizations and stakeholders at national, regional and local levels;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Professional proficiency in written and spoken English; Arabic language skills highly desirable.
- Strong team player and ability to mentor young professionals; and
- Ability to work in Yemen
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Academic specialization in Education is highly desirable;
- Experience with USAID education policies, procedures and projects is a plus.
Local and regional candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
About the Organization
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.