Panagora Group, a woman-owned small business specializing in global health and international development, seeks an experienced Senior Evaluation Advisor for the anticipated 5-year USAID/Bangladesh Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) Activity to manage and provide technical oversight of all evaluation and special study activities. The MEL Activity will provide USAID/Bangladesh with monitoring, evaluation and learning support services and build the capacity of USAID/Bangladesh staff, implementing partners and the Government of Bangladesh. The MEL Activity will serve as USAID/Bangladesh’s centralized performance management support mechanism.
This is a long-term position based in Dhaka, Bangladesh expected to start in January 2019. The position is contingent upon award and USAID approval.
- Oversee all aspects of evaluation and special study activities including:
- Planning and budgeting for each assigned activity
- Identifying appropriate staffing levels
- Securing appropriate qualified staff
- Providing relevant technical guidance
- Leading consultations with relevant USAID/Bangladesh staff and implementing partners
- Identifying and executing appropriate agreed upon methodology, field work, research, reporting and deliverables
- Master’s or higher degree in in research methods, social science, development or a related field
- Minimum of twelve years of experience in monitoring and evaluation of international development projects, preferably in developing countries; project management; research methods; and project design
- Minimum of five years of supervisory experience
- Demonstrated experience in conducting project and program evaluations, surveys, assessments, and data analysis
- Experience in conducting and managing impact evaluations is required
- Experience working on US government-supported M&E projects is desired
- Must have knowledge of international best practices on project design, implementation, evaluation and learning as well as excellent interpersonal, writing and presentation skills
- Experience leading the design, implementation, analysis and reporting for an impact evaluation is preferred
- Experience in advanced evaluation design and advanced statistical analysis including multi-level modeling, propensity score matching, conducting power analysis for clustered evaluations, and fluency with a statistical software package
- Demonstrated experience in conducting randomized controlled trials and quasi-experimental designs
- Capacity to manage activities in a multi-cultural environment and in providing consulting services in helping clients analyze problems, devise and adopt solutions
- Fluency in English required
- Must be a legal resident of Bangladesh. S/he may be Bangladeshi or an expatriate already living in Bangladesh with a minimum of five years’ experience living and working in developing country
Only finalists will be contacted. Panagora is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices.
About the Organization
Panagora Group is a woman-owned small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development. Our vision is to provide high-quality, high-impact social and economic development consulting, with a special focus on public-private partnerships, human and institutional capacity-building, knowledge sharing and collaborative learning, NGO/community engagement, and integrated solutions that build country capacity and independence.