Position Type: Full-Time (based on contract award)
Work Location: Bangladesh
ME&A is recruiting a Senior Evaluation Advisor for the USAID/Bangladesh Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (BMEL) contract. The purpose of BMEL will be to serve as a central platform for ensuring that development programs funded by USAID/Bangladesh achieve their intended results through strong performance management of services in an efficient and cost-effective manner, with a focus on monitoring technical services; evaluation of technical services; and learning and adaptive management services. The Senior Advisor for Evaluation shall be responsible for overall management and functioning of all evaluation and special study activities and staff engaged in such activities.
Overseeing all aspects of evaluation and special study activities, such as planning and budgeting for each assigned activity, identifying appropriate staffing levels, securing appropriate qualified staff, providing relevant technical guidance, leading consultations with relevant USAID/Bangladesh staff and implementing partners, identifying and executing appropriate agreed upon methodology, field work, research, reporting and deliverables.
- At least twelve (12) years of experience is preferred in monitoring and evaluation of international development projects, preferably in developing countries; project management; research methods; and project design.
- Must have experience in conducting project and program evaluations, surveys, assessments, and data analysis.
- Experience in conducting and managing impact evaluations is required.
- At least five (5) years of supervisory experience is also required.
- Experience working in USG M&E projects is desired.
- Must have working experience in South Asia, preferably Bangladesh.
- Must have knowledge of international best practices on project design, implementation, evaluation and learning as well as excellent interpersonal, writing and presentation skills. Experience leading the design, implementation, analysis and reporting for an impact evaluation is preferred.
- Evidence of advanced evaluation design and advanced statistical analysis including multi-level modeling, propensity score matching, conducting power analysis for clustered evaluations and, fluency with a statistical software package.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting randomized controlled trials and quasi-experimental designs.
- The capacity to manage activities in a multi-cultural environment and in providing consulting services in helping clients analyze problems, devise and adopt solutions.
- A Master’s or higher degree is preferred in research methods, social science, development or a related field.
All applications and CVs must be submitted in English.
Only selected candidates will be called for an interview. ME&A Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment based on race, age, color, religion, sex and sexual preference, national origin, individual with disabilities, veteran status. ME&A is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all applicants.
About the Organization
ME&A is a qualified small business, dedicated to providing creative solutions for economic development and social development throughout the world. Our Core Areas of Concentration include Monitoring & Evaluations, Economic and Community Development, Public Administration and Governance, and Business Development and Technology Transfer.
ME&A’s staff of professionals are dedicated to pursuing excellence in the principles, practices and processes of their professions. We are a client-oriented organization committed to upholding the highest of professional standards and being a responsible corporate citizen.
We believe in creative teaming with other partners, maintaining strong professionalism and ethics in meeting our objectives, and utilizing our multicultural skills to better understand and communicate with our clients. ME&A pursues and embraces our client’s organizational and programmatic goals. We work as a team, whereever appropriate, to bring collective knowledge to bear in creating developmental solutions.
ME&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer.