Senior Evaluation Expert, Economic Analysis and Performance Evaluation of MCC Senegal Roads Rehabilitation Activity, Senegal
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
SI is pursuing an anticipated evaluation for MCC to provide Economic Analysis and Performance Evaluation for Roads Rehabilitation Activities in Senegal. The objective of this evaluation is to conduct an economic analysis (HDM-4/RED) and performance evaluation (maintenance/transport sector work) of the MCC Senegal Roads Rehabilitation Activity. Given the importance of road maintenance for ensuring that roads reach their expected lifespan, MCC has requested that a full political economy analysis of the factors contributing to and/or hindering the proper implementation of road maintenance be conducted as a part of the evaluation.
SI is seeking a senior evaluation expert to support the overall technical direction and supervision of the evaluation, data collection, analysis, and report drafting. This will be a short-term opportunity over the period of performance, which is approximately 18 months from contract award.
- Design and implement qualitative data collection protocols, such as focus group discussion guides for transport users and key information interviews with transportation officials, implementers, or private sector representatives.
- Integrate findings from both quantitative and qualitative methods to inform overall research findings and recommendations.
- Interact regularly with stakeholders in country and supervise the survey and field work effectively.
- With support from the other members of the assessment team, analyze the data and lead the drafting of the final report.
- Master’s degree in a statistics, economics, or related field.
- 10 years’ experience in designing and carrying out evaluations in the transportation sector in Senegal or other francophone countries.
- Knowledge and experience in developing evaluation methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience in transportation economics and HDM-4 modeling.
- Strong economic, statistics and econometrics skills, including experience with statistical sampling, econometric modeling relevant for analyses and assessment of transportation markets.
- Fluency in English is required; Fluency in French is a plus.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.