EnCompass LLC seeks (Senior) Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Specialist candidates across multiple levels for an anticipated five-year United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Services (MELS) activity for Eastern and Southern Caribbean (ESC), to be based in Bridgetown, Barbados.
ESC MELS will provide the regional USAID/Barbados Mission with strategic and technical support to improve performance management and advance Mission learning. The project is likely to provide comprehensive MEL services, including capacity strengthening and technical support, to USAID/Barbados, local organizations, and potentially regional government counterparts.
The (Senior) Evaluation Specialist should possess expertise designing and executing quantitative and qualitative data collection and analytical methods to support evaluation design and implementation, ideally in complex environments. S/he will lead the design and implementation of performance and impact evaluations, as well as all assessment activities, along with the required analysis therefrom. The (Senior) Evaluation Specialist will finalize evaluation reports and facilitate presentations and briefings to disseminate learning among project stakeholders. S/he may be responsible for leading and/or directing evaluation teams and conducting field research.
The position will be full-time and be based in Bridgetown, Barbados with travel throughout the country.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead/manage evaluation, analysis, and assessment activities, including coordination and oversight of local partners engaged in these activities
- Design quantitative and/or qualitative data collection and analytical methods and tools to support evaluation design and implementation
- Liaise with the Chief of Party to inform the design of each study/evaluative activity and support quality assurance activities throughout each study, including the review of milestone deliverables and final reports prior to submission to USAID
- Support the selection and engagement of local partners and experts for activities, and support team development, training, and execution of activities
- Manage evaluation and task team leaders and provide quality control in the implementation of evaluations
- Establish methodological processes and standards that are compliant with USAID Evaluation Policy for MEP staff to adhere to on project monitoring and evaluation activities
- Employ strong collaboration, learning, and adapting (CLA) practices throughout the work, with an understanding of the USAID Program Cycle
- Engage fully as a member of the EnCompass staff team, including participating in staff meetings and other EnCompass events, and providing administrative support to other team members as needed
This is a full time position based in Bridgetown, Barbados. Due to COVID-19, and subject to situational changes, the position is expected to be fully remote through June 2021.
- A Master’s degree in a social science, organizational development, development studies or a related field highly preferred
Experience and Skills
- Minimum of four (4) years of demonstrated experience leading complex portfolios of evaluative and learning activities for improved development outcomes; Senior candidates should have at least seven (7) years of demonstrated experience
- Experience designing and implementing various types of mixed-methods evaluations (impact, performance, meta, etc.), analyses, and assessments required
- Significant data analysis skills including command of statistics, sampling methodologies, statistical analysis software, and data validation techniques
- Extensive experience drafting and finalizing evaluation reports
- Experience applying systems thinking in evaluation design, participatory data collection methods and protocols, and facilitating participatory data validation and analysis exercises
- Experience in designing and training on Theory of change / logical frameworks
- Experience building evaluative and learning capacities of USAID staff, implementing partners, and government counterparts highly preferred
- Experience managing complex relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Strong familiarity with USAID’s Evaluation Policy and CLA practices
- Understanding of knowledge management as it relates to USAID programs an asset
- Ability to work with host-country governments at different levels
- Strong communication, supervision, and management skills required
- Working knowledge of and experience with USG-funded program management, policies, regulations and procedures
- Previous work experience in the ESC region greatly preferred
- Superior skills in written and verbal English required
EnCompass LLC is a progressive Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote, celebrate, and support a diverse and inclusive organizational culture and workforce. We are committed to providing all of our employees with an environment free from discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect. We do not tolerate, and explicitly prohibit, discrimination or harassment of any kind, at any time, in all aspects of employment. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, disciplinary measures, terminations, compensation, benefits, social and recreational programs, and training. EnCompass also does not tolerate retaliation against individuals who report discrimination or harassment. Our continuing commitment to the principle of Equal Opportunity Employment for all means all employment decisions are based only on the job requirements, the candidate’s qualifications, and the needs of EnCompass as a business—not on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, belief, sex (including pregnancy and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, HIV status, family/marital/parental status, or any other status protected by the laws and regulations in the jurisdictions where we work.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
About the Organization
EnCompass is a women-owned business offering innovative and customized solutions for leadership, capacity strengthening, technical assistance, and monitoring and evaluation. We have experience in more than 70 countries and a team of more than 100 staff and 1,200 experts around the globe.
We partner with government and multilateral agencies, nonprofit organizations, and corporations around the world, offering thought leadership, rich diversity, and technical expertise in global health, inclusive development, education, human rights, and food security.