USAID/Colombia MEL Activity
The purpose of the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) activity is to provide USAID/Colombia with technical and advisory services for performance management of its projects and activities. This includes monitoring support services; designing and implementing performance and impact evaluations, as well as other studies and assessments; developing collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA) initiatives; and strengthening the Mission’s Geographic Information System (GIS) mapping and analysis capacities. These efforts will facilitate informed program management decisions, shape the long-term strategic direction of programs and decision-making within the Mission, and enable USAID/Colombia to comply with USAID’s Evaluation Policy and USAID Automated Directives System (ADS) 201 directives. The result will be to enhance the Mission’s MEL capability and to ensure empirical evidence for programming, learning and adapting.
Contingent upon award, ME&A is recruiting a Senior Evaluation Specialist. This is a full-time position based in Bogota, Colombia. Candidates must be Colombian Citizens. Qualified candidates should send a copy of an updated C.V. with three references. Please include in the subject line: “Colombia”. Only finalists will be contacted. Compensation will be based on experience and qualifications, taking into account comparable positions at the U.S. Embassy in Bogota.
- Master’s degree in a field relevant to evaluation of donor activities (e.g., program evaluation, statistics, anthropology, sociology, economics, agricultural economics, organizational development, or a related field);
- At least ten years of experience in designing, leading and conducting baseline surveys, performance/ process or impact evaluations for USAID or other donor entities in developing countries;
- Fluency (FSI 4/4) in both written and spoken Spanish and English.
- Exceptional organization skills and ability to work and multi-task in high-pressure environments; and
- Ability to understand and analyze data, and review evaluation reports for quality.
- Familiarity with USAID Evaluation Policy
- Experience using STATA, Atlas.ti or other data analysis software is preferred.
About the Organization
ME&A is an international development firm based in the Washington, DC area, providing innovative solutions for economic development and social progress in more than 40 countries worldwide for over 30 years. ME&A is an SBA-approved Small Business with branch offices in Armenia, El Salvador, Georgia, and Puerto Rico.
Our services focus on producing measurable results in three core areas: Natural and Water Resource Management; Public Administration and Governance; Economic Growth through Regional and Local Economic Development Strategies, Business Development, Competitiveness and Entrepreneurship; and four cross-cutting areas: Evaluations and Assessments, Communications Strategies and Knowledge Management, Learning and Performance Enhancement, and Program and Grants Administration. These cross-cutting areas are creatively applied to projects in our core areas of concentration and to programming in other subject areas.
ME&A is an equal employment opportunity employer.