Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
SI is responding to a request for a task order to perform a final performance evaluation of the USAID-Lower Mekong Initiative Connecting the Mekong through Education and Training (USAID-LMI COMET) Activity. The evaluation will provide USAID guidance for strategic decision-making on current and future programming
SI is seeking an evaluation specialist to assist in leading in the design of the evaluation tools, lead data collection activities, and conduct analysis. They will work closely with the team leader, the senior workforce development expert, and SI team. Work is expected to take place remotely, and with fieldwork in the lower Mekong region. The estimated period of performance of this evaluation is from September of 2018 to February of 2019.
**Only candidates with citizenship in Thailand, Cambodia, or Vietnam will be considered**
- Support the design of the data collection methodology and instruments, following USAID evaluation policy guidelines, and responding to other technical guidance provided by SI.
- Perform an in-depth assessment of the program’s evaluation and information needs, systems, and processes.
- Analyze the data and lead the drafting of the final report.
- Assist evaluation team in the presentation of findings in the Final Report.
- Advanced degree in a related field required.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in evaluation delivery for international development projects.
- Demonstrated skills in evaluation research design, including quantitative and qualitative methods, with the ability to code data, either by hand or using a software, and systematically analyze it and use it interpretively.
- Demonstrated excellent writing and verbal presentation skills.
- Fluency in English is required; working proficiency in one of the languages of the lower Mekong region is a plus.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
About the Organization
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. SI’s mission is to improve the effectiveness of international development programs in improving people’s lives. We provide a full range of management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development programs, organizations, and policies. We provide services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis. SI services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. SI’s clients include US government agencies such as USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the US Department of State, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and non-profits.