USAID/BiH intends to issue a five-year project that will support mission MEL systems and capacity for accountability and adaption across the Mission portfolio and thereby maximize development impact. The primary components are: providing technical assistance to Mission and implementing partner staff for the Mission’s Performance Management Plan (PMP), Project MEL Plans, and Activity MEL Plans; designing and conducting evaluations, surveys, assessments, and special studies as requested by the Mission through the Contracting Officer’s Representative; and collaborating, learning, and adapting. This is an anticipated $6 million project scheduled to start in September 2019.
In coordination with the Chief of Party, s/he is primarily responsible for the design, quality and completion of all evaluations.
- Oversee and contribute substantively to the design and field testing of the evaluation methodology, participatory data collection methods and protocols, data verification techniques and other technical evaluation and analytical tasks.
- Responsible for working with USAID to develop SOWs for evaluations.
- Troubleshoot implementation of evaluations; Assists in presentation and dissemination of evaluation reports.
- Supervise analysis of evaluation data and preparation of evaluation report; serve as editor and initial technical reviewer of all evaluation reports. Assist in presentation and dissemination of evaluation reports.
- Recruit and supervise the work of short-term technical assistance staff, a research associate and research assistant; lead team planning meetings.
- Master’s degree or PhD in statistics, development studies, development evaluation and management, or a related field.
- At least ten (10) years of evaluation experience including experience in data analysis and reporting.
- Demonstrated expertise managing, leading and coordinating quantitative and qualitative studies and evaluations.
- Demonstrated experience in developing quantitative and qualitative instruments for data collection.
- Knowledge of and prior experience working on USAID-funded activities strongly preferred.
- Experience working on development programs in Bosnia or in the Balkans region is desirable.
- Fluency in English and Bosnian with excellent written and oral communications skills required.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.