DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with 35 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. We are a data driven organization that specializes in informing policy making by delivering focused data-driven evidence-based analysis products and services. DevTech core practice areas include: Economic and Data analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management.
DevTech is seeking a Senior Evaluation Specialist in preparation for the upcoming USAID - Kenya and East Africa: USAID/Somalia Monitoring, Verification, and Reporting. Through this task order (TO), the Contractor must provide all core services and operational support necessary to fulfill all requirements of this TO and the IDIQ. This includes all the staff and supporting costs necessary to achieve all the requirements outlined in this TO, as well as the capacity to respond to all subsequent requests for task order proposals (RFTOPs) with qualified staff and deliverables in the required timeframes. USAID expects the period of performance of the IDIQ will be five (5) years in Nairobi, Kenya.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Write high quality evaluation reports as appropriate and to meet donor requirements, including quantitative and qualitative data analytic products.
- Provide high quality technical assistance to project teams for implementing rigorous quantitative and qualitative data collection methods consistent with global human subjects principles and privacy laws and standards.
- Contribute to developing and provide training and technical assistance to internal staff and partners to build monitoring, evaluation, research and learning capacity.
- Contribute to efforts to develop proposals, joint projects, grants and/or contracts.
- Master’s degree in Evaluation Sciences or in development or a related development field, such as Economics, Evaluation Sciences, Political Science, Public Administration, Business Administration, or other discipline related to development assistance required.
- 10 years’ experience in evaluation and performance management of projects preferably cross-culturally; project management; qualitative and quantitative research methods; data analysis and visualization; and/or project design.
- Demonstrated experience or familiarity with a variety or U.S. and global donors and emerging trends in evaluation including evidence-based and learning approaches as well as global standards for evaluation (e.g., DCED or OECD standards; impact management project; social value).
- Substantial experience, evaluation certifications or a doctoral degree demonstrating advanced expertise in research design, adaptive management, gender responsive evaluation and/or working with data preferred.
- Ability to develop and manage a data project management database or evaluation platform.
- Developing and validating tools and conceptually meaningful custom indicators;
- Knowledge of different research designs, including RCTs, surveys, focus groups and elite interviewing;
About the Organization
NOTE: This job posting should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law.