The upcoming five-year USAID/Zambia Evidence for Health contract is a monitoring and evaluation activity in Zambia focused on the health sector. The key objectives include the following:
- Strengthen the national Health Management Information System (HMIS) owned and managed by the Government of Zambia’s (GRZ) Ministry of Health (MOH).
- Improve monitoring, evaluation, and research capacities within key government and non-governmental partners.
- Expand the evidence base for existing approaches to health programming in malaria, nutrition, family planning, maternal and child health, and HIV.
The project is anticipated to begin in April 2018.
SI is seeking a Senior Evaluation Specialist to support the DCOP in the data analysis, data collection, and monitoring, evaluation of the program. This position will be full-time and based in Lusaka, Zambia.
**Please note: This is a local only position. Only candidates with Zambian citizenship will be considered. **
- Design M&E processes, using a variety of qualitative and quantitative methods, increasingly focused on results of activities.
- Provide technical expertise and context on health in Zambia to the activity.
- Participate in the design, quality, development and completion of all assessments, analytical reports, and evaluations.
- Help develop program recommendations based on data.
- Oversee evaluation, analyses and assessments throughout the life of the activity, including data collection, design of evaluation methodologies and participatory data collection methods and protocols, as well as data quality verification techniques.
- Responsible for the design, quality development and production of all evaluations reports and any assessments, population based surveys and studies including the testing of the development hypotheses, where feasible. This will include the design of the evaluation methodology and participatory data collection methods and protocols for both performance and impact evaluations.
- Advanced degree in public health, statistics, international development or related field required.
- Minimum of eight years of experience providing technical and managerial oversight and direction on international development project.
- Excellent data analysis skills including good command of statistics, sampling methodologies, and statistical analysis software such as SPSS, STATA, Epi Info, among others.
- Experience providing groups of various sizes and one-on-one training and mentoring on evaluation- related subjects.
- Extensive experience drafting and finalizing evaluation reports.
- Experience designing, monitoring, and evaluating programs in the health sector required.
- Experience evaluating and supporting PEPFAR and other USAID funded projects highly preferred.
- English fluency required.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
About the Organization
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.