Senior Evaluation Team Lead,
USAID/Bangladesh Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Activity, Bangladesh
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com
The Bangladesh Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Activity will be a central platform for ensuring that all development programs funded by USAID/Bangladesh achieve their intended results through strong performance management of services in an efficient and cost-effective manner, with a focus on monitoring technical support services; evaluation of technical support services; and learning and adaptive management services.
The senior evaluation team lead shall be responsible for overall management and functioning of all evaluations and special study activities, as well as staff engaged in such activities.
- Oversee all aspects of all evaluation and special study activities, including:
- Planning and budgeting for each assigned activity.
- Identifying appropriate staffing levels.
- Securing appropriate qualified staff
- Providing relevant technical guidance.
- Leading consultations with relevant USAID/Bangladesh staff and implementing partners.
- Identifying and executing appropriate agreed-upon methodology, field work, research, reporting and deliverables.
- Graduate degree in research methods, social science, development or a related field.
- At least 12 years of experience in the monitoring and evaluation of international development projects, preferably in developing countries; project management; research methods; and project design; at least five (5) years of supervisory experience is also required.
- Experience conducting project and program evaluations, surveys, assessments and data analysis.
- Experience conducting and managing impact evaluations
- Knowledge of international best practices on project design, implementation, evaluation and learning.
- Experience leading the design, implementation, analysis and reporting for an impact evaluation is preferred.
- Familiarity with advanced evaluation design and advanced statistical analysis, including multi-level modeling, propensity score matching, and power analysis for clustered evaluation.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting randomized controlled trials and quasi-experimental designs.
- Capacity to manage complex programs in a multi-cultural environment, and in providing consulting services in helping clients analyze problems, devise and adopt solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and presentation skills.
- Experience working on projects funded by the U.S. Government.
- Experience working in South Asia, preferably Bangladesh.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.