LOOKING FOR A SENIOR EXECUTIVE TO HELP GROW & MANAGE THE FIRM’S INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT PORTFOLIO
Miyamoto International is a purpose-driven firm with a mission to make the world a better, safer place. We specialize in disaster risk management, providing resiliency expertise that sustains industries and safeguards communities around the world. With 25 locations worldwide, we are currently seeking an experienced leader in Washington, D.C. to support the growth and effective management of Miyamoto’s international development + humanitarian assistance portfolio in disaster mitigation, response, and reconstruction.
Key responsibilities of this position are:
Business Management and Growth
- Business management leader who takes responsibility for the effective management of the firm’s global international development work, including operational, project, and financial management.
- Lead Washington, DC and global business development efforts to win new clients and grow the firm’s international development portfolio of work, including advancing firm participation and visibility in diplomatic and international development circles.
Your exceptional entrepreneurial & leadership skills should be well demonstrated by your experience. Your team spirit should motivate others, inspire new ideas, and contribute toward the firm’s mission and global growth. Successful candidates thrive in a dynamic, global work environment and share our passion for helping others.
- Degree in international development, engineering or a related field;
- Minimum 12-15 years of relevant work experience with progressive leadership responsibilities at a senior executive level;
- Extensive experience in the field of international development contracting, including USAID contracting; past experience and knowledge of disaster risk management and/or climate change adaption highly desirable;
- Strong experience in business operations and management, including establishing and managing global project offices as well as business development/growing a portfolio of work;
- Excellent knowledge of the donor landscape with strong existing networks a plus;
- Outstanding interpersonal and presentation skills;
- High energy with the ability to deliver results independently and successfully as a part of a global team.
This position is based in Washington, DC.
Miyamoto International is an equal opportunity employer.
About the Organization
Miyamoto International is a purpose-driven firm with a mission to make the world a better, safer place. We specialize in disaster risk management, providing resiliency expertise that sustains industries and safeguards communities around the world.