Global Communities is an international development non-profit organization. Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Global Communities is seeking a Senior Executive Administrator to join the Office of the CEO at the headquarters in downtown Silver Spring, Maryland.
The Senior Executive Administrator provides high-level strategic administrative support to the CEO of Global Communities. The top priority of this position is to support the CEO to ensure he uses his time most wisely in the pursuit of organizational goals. S/he represents the Executive Office with professionalism, diplomacy and tact; and executes all responsibilities with a high degree of confidentiality and discretion.
The ideal candidate for this role is passionate about global development, proactive, resourceful, detail-oriented, and an analytical thinker.
- Functions as a confidential senior-level Executive Administrator to the CEO.
- Drafts correspondence, recommendations, reports, and memoranda on behalf of the CEO.
- Manages CEO’s appointment calendar. Schedules and prioritizes appointments and meetings to maximize CEO engagement and ensures the achievement of organizational goals.
- Advises CEO of daily schedule and works closely with the CEO to ensure effective and timely follow up.
- Manages and supports the CEO with external meetings, including research, correspondence, preparing materials and documentation.
- As appropriate, accompanies the CEO to meetings and takes notes.
- Arranges CEO’s domestic and international travel and processes expense reports (using Concur Travel & Expense system and GC’s dedicated travel agency), obtains and prepares required documentation including entry requirements, trip portfolios, advances, etc. Travels with CEO when required.
- Screens and manages CEO’s telephone calls and visitors.
- Approves and processes invoices and timesheets, and provides CEO seal/signature for formal documents as authorized and supported by formal written approval.
- Maintains files and records of the Executive Office.
- Manages the Executive Office budget as directed.
- Builds positive relationships and liaises with all staff as needed to ensure a smooth working relationship with the Executive Office and ensures necessary arrangements and information are shared.
- Manages and supports the CEO with external board positions, including correspondence, preparing materials and documentation, and conducting research as needed.
- Ensures the CEO’s direct reports complete all required assignments, timesheets, leave forms, travel requests, and performance reviews.
- Maintains the Executive Office’s SharePoint page with current and relevant information.
- Participates in companywide strategic initiatives.
- Maintains relationships with External Board of Trustees and their assistants on behalf of the CEO.
- Master’s degree and a minimum of two years’ overall professional experience relevant to position; or a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years’ overall professional experience relevant to position.
- Experience must include two years in a senior administrator role supporting a President and/or CEO.
- Experience working for an international facing organization needed.
- Familiarity with international development, non-profit organizations, donor relations, and USAID, is highly preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have U.S. work authorization.
Global Communities is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. EOE/AA - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individual with Disabilities.