At CARE, we seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live with dignity and security.
This has been our vision since 1945, when we were founded to send lifesaving CARE Packages® to survivors of World War II. Today, CARE is a global leader in the movement to eradicate poverty. In 2016, CARE worked in 94 countries and reached 80 million people with an incredible range of life-saving programs. We also put women and girls at the center of our work because we know that we cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities. We seek dynamic, innovative thinkers to further our mission. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us.
CARE USA seeks an energetic and organized team player to support the work of its Chief Digital Officer. You will provide day-to-day support for the CDO through the following responsibilities:
- Scheduling, planning and supporting team meetings, such as agenda planning and managing logistics (location, meals, meeting materials, external speakers and facilitators and other logistics).
- Liaise with other CARE assistants as well as external assistants to schedule meetings and address or resolve cross-departmental issues and challenges.
The executive assistant handles communications within CARE and with numerous outside contacts and vendors including Administration officials, board members, donors and other important CARE stakeholders. Therefore, this position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills and a commitment to integrity and confidentiality. This position operates in a fast-paced, high stress, and dynamic environment. It maintains and enhances high levels of support in wake of increasing levels of complexity and growing scope of coverage and sophistication. This position also requires constant interaction with the divisions within the Digital Department, the executive management team, the executive assistants of the executive management team and the DC Office Manager to resolve a variety of challenges in order to meet the growing and changing needs of the organization.
- Support for the CDO
- Support for the Digital Department
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Strong time management, prioritization and planning skills
- Demonstrated experience with modern task management systems (such as Planner, Asana, Trella, etc)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; good document editor
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Excellent relationship builder, ideally experience with CRM or other systems to manage relationships
About the Organization
CARE is a leading humanitarian organization fighting global poverty. We place special focus on working alongside poor women because, equipped with the proper resources, women have the power to help whole families and entire communities escape poverty. Women are at the heart of CARE's community-based efforts to improve basic education, prevent the spread of disease, increase access to clean water and sanitation, expand economic opportunity and protect natural resources. CARE also delivers emergency aid to survivors of war and natural disasters, and helps people rebuild their lives.
Our diversity is our strength; we encourage people from all backgrounds and experiences, particularly women, to apply.
CARE USA is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
The closing date for this posting, if listed, is approximate. Job postings may be removed from CARE's career website at any time.