Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
Dexis is seeking a Senior Facilitator to providing design and facilitation services to EGEA to support the Division’s role in working with multiple stakeholders (both inside of and external to USAID) involved in the launch of Prosper Africa. This would involve working closely with the EGEA Trade Communications specialist to coordinate and implement a stakeholder engagement strategy. It would also include conducting KIIs, agenda development, facilitation, and follow-up support on action plans and directives that arise. The Senior Facilitator will provide ongoing support to EGEA, reporting to the LEARN Activity Manager, for Prosper Africa activities related to facilitation and process support. The work location for this position will be in Washington, DC. The expected level of effort for this position is up to 139 days at between 75%-100% engagement. It begins in March 2019 and will require work through September 2019.
The Senior Facilitator will be responsible for:
- Supporting EGEA Division Director in strategic thought regarding stakeholder engagement and coordination within USAID and across participating USG agencies
- In close consultation with Division Director, leading EGEA’s stakeholder consultations and coordinating agenda development and facilitation of the meetings.
- Supporting pre- and post-event communications
- Supporting knowledge capture and post-event knowledge products
- Contributing to the development of participatory agendas
- Conducting pre-event consultations with participants
- Coordinating with stakeholders from EGEA, Africa Bureau, relevant Missions, other Washington-based Bureaus, and USG agencies to better understand learning themes and goals
- Facilitating events, which may include some travel to meeting locations in Africa
- Conducting After Action Reviews as needed
- Providing ongoing support as needed to EGEA to successfully launch Prosper Africa
- Ensuring that learning from Prosper Africa support activities are shared with LEARN
- Taking a CLA approach to all work and supporting EGEA’s integration of CLA practices
- Bachelors and 10 years of relevant experience OR Masters and 8 years of relevant experience OR PhD and 6 years of relevant experience in facilitation, organizational development, change management, and/or process support
- 5 years of experience in international development
- Excellent client management skills, including effectively responding to changing priorities in a complex environment involving multiple stakeholders
- Ability to maneuver through complex political situations, demonstrating an understanding of power relations and sensitivity to how people and organizations function
- Skilled facilitation of groups, meetings, and events
- Excellent judgment, strategic thinking, leadership, and the ability to manage risk and competing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to accept the unexpected and adjust to what the situation now requires rather than what was planned
- Ability to deal with a lack of clarity in role definition, work processes, and decision-making and to create clarity for others when little exists
- Ability to understand, affect, leverage, and make insightful connections among various parts of a system
- Ability to work collaboratively with all kinds of people and make those you work with feel valued and part of the team regardless of background or role
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to maintain routine communications with the LEARN team and client to ensure the project is implemented smoothly
- Professional references commenting on work style
- Positive attitude and ability to work collaboratively and iteratively with others
- Knowledge of USAID and its operations, as well as an understanding of the unique environment in which USAID projects operate; experience with other international development institutions
- Experience in US government interagency coordination/collaboration
- Experience with the African context
- Experience with trade issues
About the Organization
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.