Requisition ID: req2038
Job Title: Senior Field Coordinator
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
The humanitarian situation in Libya has deteriorated since the 2014 civil war. According to the United Nations 2018 Humanitarian Needs Overview, 1.1 million people require lifesaving humanitarian assistance and protection, including an estimated 170,000 internally displaced persons (IDPs), 401,000 migrants, refugees and asylum seekers, and 376,000 vulnerable host community. In September 2016, the IRC launched an emergency program in Misrata, Libya that provided medical care, medicines, and medical supplies in hospitals and primary health care centers (PHCCs). Since then, the IRC has expanded its programming to also include the provision of GBV prevention and response services and protection monitoring. The IRC’s programming has also been further expanded to Sirte and Tripoli. The IRC envisages a humanitarian program in Libya targeting refugees, migrants and other war affected populations, with interventions designed to save lives and relieve humanitarian suffering, with a focus on health care and protection services.
SCOPE OF WORK
The IRC seeks an experienced Senior Field coordinator with significant humanitarian operations experience to manage the IRC’s field offices, staff, and operations. The individual must have previous experience working in volatile environments that feature ongoing insurgencies and/or open conflict. The Senior Field Coordinator will supervise staff, manage the office premises, negotiate access with local authorities, and contribute to program design and implementation. The Senior Field Coordinator will report to the Country Director and be based in the IRC’s Libya Tripoli field office with occasional travel to Tunis.
* Promote coordination and teamwork between program and operations staff in the field office to improve quality of operations support, proposal submissions and program delivery.
* In coordination with the Safety and Security Coordinator ensure that the security protocols are followed ensuring the consistent monitoring and analysis of the security environment, and adherence by all staff to the IRC security protocols and procedures.
* As part of the country Senior Management Team ensure the development, implementation and monitoring of financial and operational policy and procedures to ensure compliance with IRC and donor policies across all programs.
* Ensure all transactions and systems in the field office comply with country specific policies as well as IRC Global HR, Finance and Supply Chain guidelines.
Program Development & Technical Quality
* Member of the Senior Management Team and key contributor to the development of country strategic direction and planning.
* In coordination with the CD/Deputy Director of Programs lead on area specific strategy development, program planning and funding opportunity responses
* Provide leadership to all programs and support departments operating from the field office in accordance with best practice and IRC policy.
* Ensure all programs operating from the field office are implemented in a timely manner, following the highest standards of quality, and are in accordance with the terms and conditions of the grant.
* Anticipate, plan and manage programmatic and structural transitions associated with a gradual expansion of the field office.
* Responsibility for budget development and compliance for field office programmatic and support costs.
* Provide direction and monitor staff in their implementation of work plans and quality of technical activities.
* Participate in monthly Grant Review Meetings
Human Resources Management & Development
* Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions.
* Ensure timely completion and submission of monthly timesheets, probations reviews and annual performance reviews.
* If/as required identify staff performance issues and work with Human Resources to document and address these in accordance with the National Staff Employment Policies.
* Take responsibility for discussing job expectations, performance, and objectives on an informal, quarterly basis with all staff and as a part of the annual Performance Review and Planning Process
* Adhere to and act in accordance with the IRC Global HR Policies and Procedures
* Adhere to and serve as a champion of the IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct
Coordination & Representation
* Develop and maintains effective coordination and long-term relationships with external stakeholders, representing IRC positions, promoting long-term strategy and resolving problems/conflicts.
* Lead coordination between IRC logistics, finance, program and grant staff to ensure timely and compliant program activities and expenditures; including active participation in grant opening/closing and review meetings.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
* Position Reports to: Country Director
* Position directly supervises: Health Manager, Protection Manager, Senior Supply Chain Manager, M&E Manager, Finance officer, HR Officer
* Indirect Reporting: N/A
* Other Internal and/or external contacts:
* Internal: DDP, Health Coordinator, Protection Coordinator, HR Lead, Grants coordinator, Finance controller, Security and Access Coordinator
* External: Governmental institutions, INGO Forum, Legal Advisor.
* BA/BS in international relations, management, administration, or other relevant fields; MA/MS a plus
* 5+ years progressive, professional experience at a managerial level.
* Prior experience managing humanitarian programming in insecure environments.
* Strong program/technical and budget management skills, planning, reporting, monitoring and evaluation skills.
* Prior experience in management of support and operations departments preferred.
* Prior experience and proven success with remote management preferred.
* Strong written and oral communication skills, effective in representation and liaison with external parties.
* Interpersonal qualities: Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure with professional grace.
* Proven leadership quality. Ability to provide guidance while promoting a supportive and open work environment.
* Fluent in spoken and written English and Arabic.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l’Intégrité, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la protection des bénéficiaires contre l’exploitation et les abus, la protection de l’enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de travail, l’intégrité financière, et les représailles.