World Vision East Africa – Nairobi Regional office
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 42,000+ staff members working in more than 90 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Senior Finance & Administration Manager, you will provide overall management of the WV East Africa Regional (EAR) Office Finance and administration functions in Nairobi. The role will ensure financial stewardship, accountability, reliability and accuracy of financial information, and strategies, systems and skills to support the operations of the office.
You will also ensure effective and efficient administrative support to the EARO staff, hosted units, Global Centre (GC) and national offices and adherence to the law of the land and representing WV’s interests in legally binding contracts.
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field. MBA is preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant.
- 8 years’ experience in Finance and Administration roles preferably in the humanitarian sector, 4 of which must have been in management level.
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles, financial systems, budget/cash-flow monitoring and internal accounting controls.
- Good knowledge of procurement processes and internal control systems.
- Working knowledge of the WV Partnership is preferred.
- Must have good working knowledge of computerized accounting software, preferably Sun Systems & Vision and literacy in using Microsoft Office programs.
- Work environment: Office-based with occasional travel.
- Travel: Domestic and international travel may be required.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 25 APR 2018. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.