GIZ is currently looking to fill the position Senior Manager Finance/Administration. The position holder will support the project “Rehabilitation of Technical Vocational Education and Training in Somalia”. The project is commissioned by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and co financed by the European Union (EU). It is implemented with 18 ministries and here especially with the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs on Federal level and the Ministry of Education and Science in Somaliland, numerours further governmental entities, the private sector and civil society. He/she will also work closely with the project manager and the Head of Finance and Administration of the country office.
- Shaping and steering of all commercial processes regarding finance management, controlling and accounting, as well as procurement of goods and services, IT, Management of local staff and facility management
- Quality Management and conformity of all commercial processes especially until revision security
- Disciplinary responsibility for commercial and travel related staff of the project
- Planning, implementation, steering and monitoring of financial targets of the project
- Advising project managers and advisors/Head of components in all relevant financial and administrative matters related to financial and administrative processes of commission management
- Support of internal and external audits in all relevant matters and development of all financial reports, e.g. for EU and BMZ
- Coordinating and following up of consulting contracts, financial agreements and local subsidies
- University degree in accounting, finance, business administration, administrative science or similar
- Many years of experience in financial management
- Several years of professional experience in a comparable position in GIZ or another international organisation of international cooperation
- Experience in managing co-funded projects, especially EU co-financed
- Comprehensive experience in financial management, travel management and administrative tasks
- Experience with external and internal audits for EU, BMZ and GIZ with controlling standards and IT tools
- Excellent organisational and communication skills, high flexibility, commitment and strong intercultural competence
- Fluency in German and English; Knowledge of Somali is an advantage
The GIZ offers an additional benefits package for deployments in fragile security situations.
Please use the following link for information about living and working in Kenia.
The security situation is tense. Tailored security risk mitigation measures are in place for GIZ staff in country. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. GIZ runs a professional security risk management system in the field of deployment. The freedom of movement is restricted. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
GIZ operates worldwide. As part of the GIZ team, you are prepared to take on international assignments and pass on your expertise.
The willingness for frequent business trips to Somalia is required.
Assignment period might be extended for another year.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
A prerequisite for the conclusion of the agreement is the lifting of the restrictions currently in force in the company on the possibilities for travel and business trips in order to contain the worldwide spread of the Covid-19 virus.
About the Organization
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.