SUMMARY OF POSITION
CowaterSogema is recruiting a Senior Finance Officer in support of a new development initiative in Cambodia which aims to improve the sustainability of quality and inclusive services for persons with disabilities and for women affected by gender-based violence (GBV).
The Senior Finance Officer, based in Phnom Penh, Cambodia will have oversight of all day to day program financial management and reporting and will work under the supervision of the Head of Operations and Finance to ensure compliance with all relevant financial policies and procedures and strong financial, governance, and administrative principles.
- A tertiary level qualification in Business, Management, Finance, Accounting Economics, and/or another relevant field.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience providing financial oversight to multi-million-dollar donor contracts, including supporting finance, operations, administration, and procurement functions.
- Demonstrated progressive experience working in the field of finance and compliance and knowledge of DFAT Australia policies and procedures with regard to financial management and compliance; and
- Relevant experience working with DFAT implementing partners considered a strong asset
- Relevant experience and/or strong knowledge in finance, procurement, compliance, and financial management; Knowledge of public sector accounting and financial reporting processes;
- Knowledge of financial software applications, including QuickBooks;
- Excellent speaking, writing and oral communication skills in English and Khmer;
- Ability to work under pressure and manage competing priorities within a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently; and
- Knowledge of issues relating to disability and/or gender-based violence, a significant asset.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop, monitor and update the six-monthly workplan budgets, working closely with the Head of Operations and Finance and the Program Team Leader;
- Work with the Head of Operations and Finance and the Team Leader to ensure that the six-monthly workplan and budget and Monitoring and Evaluation Framework are aligned;
- Work closely with the Team Leader and Key Sector Leads, in maintaining accurate quarterly budget forecasts on program implementation;
- Provide quality checking of monthly financial reports;
- Regularly communicate the status of Program budgets and expenditure levels with the Program Team;
- Work with the Head of Operations and Finance in developing the core finance team’s capacity in Program financial management and reporting;
- Work with the Head of Operations and Finance to update the Program’s financial procedures, in accordance with best practice, corporate policies and donor guidelines;
- Work with the Head of Operations and Finance to ensure the effective preparation and coordination of internal and external finance and procedural audits;
- Support the Head of Operations and Finance in ensuring an effective financial management and accounting system, including fraud control and audit procedures that support monthly financial acquittal and reporting;
- Prepare and submit monthly funds requests to the head office and manage cashflow according to monthly budgets;
- Manage all banking activities including withdrawals, deposit and all bank payments and checks;
- Ensure accurate recording of all program transactions, using program accounting software including verification of supporting documentation
- Process payroll;
- Manage petty cash;
- Conduct finance / accounting capacity building activities for grantees in the field as needed; and
- Perform any other financial tasks assigned by Head of Operation and Finance which are consistent with her/his qualifications, this Scope of work and general requirements of the program.
How to apply: Please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23-Jan-2019. You may also call 012 876 549 if you have any questions regarding to the application.
CowaterSogema International Inc. promotes equal opportunities for all. We welcome and encourage applications from persons with disabilities. Candidates are encouraged to apply before the closing date provided as applications will be assessed as they are received. Only applicants shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
About the Organization
With more than 30 years of experience, CowaterSogema is Canada’s global leader in management consulting services specializing in international development. We have managed the implementation of over 800 projects in more than 80 countries around the globe for clients such as DFID (UKAid), DFAT Australia, KfW/GIZ, the World Bank, the Caribbean Development Bank and Global Affairs Canada. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, economic and environmental impacts. Our adaptive approach to management has led to our award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2017 and 2018.