Banyan Global is a woman-owned small business and international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches for a broad and lasting impact. The firm is headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in several developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: gender, youth, finance and investment, enterprise development, health, and evaluation and learning.
Banyan Global is currently seeking staff for the upcoming USAID-funded project “Youth Employment for Migration Prevention (YEMP) Activity.” The purpose of the YEMP project will be to increase employment of youth at risk of irregular migration in support of USAID Honduras efforts to reduce irregular migration to the United States by increasing their educational and income generating opportunities. The beneficiaries will be youth from high out-migration areas as well as other youth at risk of irregular migration, including returned youth migrants. In certain geographic areas youth will be vulnerable and/or at risk of being victims or perpetrators of violence and or at risk of gang recruitment.
*Please note that this position is contingent upon Banyan Global being selected.
· Serve as the senior finance oversight of financial and procurement compliance in all project offices.
· Ensure full financial and contractual compliance of the all activities within USAID regulations and Banyan Global financial policy and procedure.
· Establish internal control systems as well as accounting and financial reporting protocols for project offices as well as for local subcontractors per Banyan Global’s policies and procedures.
· Supervise financial and procurement staff and implementation of financial activities to include annual program budget planning and management, monthly expense reporting, managing accounting and disbursement needs, verifying that procurements comply with donor, Banyan Global’s financial guidelines, and local law.
· Responsible for ongoing financial and procurement compliant training of staff and partner NGOs in financial systems, ensuring adherence to management policies, and assuring timely financial reporting.
· Manage internal/external financial audit, operational audits, compliance reviews.
· Requires a master’s degree in Business, Public Administration, Accounting or Financial Management, or clearly equivalent academic degree at least at the master’s level.
· At least 8 years of experience in financial management of development activities with increasing levels of responsibility. At least 5 years of experience on US government projects and donor financial pipeline management.
· Demonstrated experience in budget planning and management.
· Extensive knowledge of local tax law, labor code and social benefits.Membership in a professional body such as those for Certified Public Accountants preferred.
· Experience in Quickbooks preferred, or other accounting systems.
· Highly developed conceptual, analytical and innovative problem-solving ability.
· Strong interpersonal skills, self-motivated and result-driven, with ability to effectively build and manage networks and relationships to ensure effective financial management.
· Professionally proficient and fluent in written and spoken Spanish, English preferred.
· Honduran nationality preferred, or experience working in Honduras.
Salary commensurate with background and experience. Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply to the position through our website, http://www.banyanglobal.com/careers.php and include a cover letter and resume in your submission. Please no phone calls.