Position: Financial Analyst II
ME&A is seeking a Sr. Financial Analyst to work in close collaboration with the project management team to ensure implementation of operational and financial management strategies. He/she will provide oversight & reviews of cost proposals and manage budgets to ensure accurate contract funding and compliance. The person in this position will be responsible for financial management, project operations, pipeline budgets analysis, financial reports, and forecasting. The successful consultant will provide financial and reporting support submitting cost proposals for different clients and federal government contracts, provide funding analysis, budget requests and market forecasts; and provide expert advice and application of CPFF, CPAF, FFP, T&M and IDIQ theories.
- Develop budgets that align to contractual requirements, proposals, and USAID requirements.
- Review invoices submitted by subcontractors and consultants for approval by Management.
- Collaborate with Management to build appropriate work breakdown structure to comply with client requirements and allow for accurate time allocation and financial projections
- Conduct financial risk analysis considering contract type, subcontracts/materials, staffing, and other measures as appropriate. Report financial risks to CFO.
- Comply with company, client, local and other legal requirements rules and regulations
- Coordinate with the proposal team on strategic issues involving proposal budgets. Ensure that the proposal team is educated on client requirements for the cost proposals.
- Prepare periodic budget and cash flow forecasts in response to evolving project work plans.
- Ensure that activities are implemented according to the approved overall project budget and sub-contractor’s budgets.
- Conduct due diligence on financial and administrative forms submitted to the project, including Biodata 1420s of employees and consultants and Past Performance References of subcontractors Preparation and administration of subcontractor solicitations
- Provide advice on project financial management billing: financial analysis and reporting: and preparation, review, and finalizing of cost proposals for various RFPs, RFTOPS.
- Prepare quarterly accruals, Annual ICS preparation, and submission of indirect costs adjustments requests.
- DOS Projects Budgeting, Cost & Financial management, invoicing, and auditing.
- Support external audits by providing assistance with preparing responses to audits.
- Provide recommendations for improvement in financial operations and procedures, leading QuickBooks project.
- At least 5-8 years of post-graduate experience working in business and finance.
- At least 3-5 years working on finance and administration tasks on USAID projects.
- A bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or similar extensive experience working with balance sheets, P&L statements Digitally experienced (in MS Word and Excel at a minimum) Able to work well within a diverse and multi-cultural team
- An MBA, MS in Finance/Accounting or similar degree is preferred
- Language capability in Spanish, French, Portuguese, Arabic or another language prevalent in the countries USAID works in.
- Experience leading finance and administration project startup operations in developing countries
- Familiarity and experience with USG and USAID regulations and applying FAR, ADS and AIDAR
- USAID financial management expertise is required.
- Working knowledge of all contract types including: CPFF, CPAF, FFP, T&M and IDIQ.
All applications and CVs must be submitted in English.
ME&A, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. ME&A will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. For our EEO Policy Statement and a copy of our EEO Policy Statement and information on your EEO rights under the law.
About the Organization
ME&A is a qualified small business, dedicated to providing creative solutions for economic development and social development throughout the world. Our Core Areas of Concentration include Monitoring & Evaluations, Economic and Community Development, Public Administration and Governance, and Business Development and Technology Transfer.
ME&A’s staff of professionals are dedicated to pursuing excellence in the principles, practices and processes of their professions. We are a client-oriented organization committed to upholding the highest of professional standards and being a responsible corporate citizen.
We believe in creative teaming with other partners, maintaining strong professionalism and ethics in meeting our objectives, and utilizing our multicultural skills to better understand and communicate with our clients. ME&A pursues and embraces our client’s organizational and programmatic goals. We work as a team, whereever appropriate, to bring collective knowledge to bear in creating developmental solutions.
ME&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer.