Creative Associates seeks a Senior Financial & Billing Analyst to support division and project financial planning, analysis, and reporting; perform analytical and financial checks on project financial management procedures and processes; consolidate, roll up, and analyze forecasts and budgets; provide project pipeline analysis and indirect oversight; prepare and distribute client vouchers and NICRA adjustments. The position will work alongside the financial analysis, billing, and pricing teams in the continued improvement of billing, forecasting and reporting processes. He/she will be a focal point for HQ and field staff on a portfolio of projects and collaborate interdepartmentally to identify and implement best practices.
The Senior Financial & Billing Analyst will report to both the Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis, and the Manager of Billing within the Finance & Contracts division.
- Provide financial analysis and support in the following processes:
- Strategic and long-range revenue and profit planning, forecasting and budgeting, consolidated and ad-hoc reporting, and project finance processes for division and corporate requirements;
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of companywide recurring and ad-hoc reports;
- Provide project financial analysis and reporting on P&L and Controllable metrics and measurements for projects and divisional roll-ups;
- Provide analytical support and ad hoc reports to the Director of Financial Analysis and CFO as required;
- Coordinate, validate, and consolidate information in the following processes:
- Project Estimates to Complete (ETCs), monthly progress reviews; quarterly, semi-annual, and annual budgeting and forecasting.
- Works with the Chief Financial Officer, Controller, Director of Financial Analysis, Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis and Manager of Billing to analyze and standardize financial processes, procedures, backlog planning and forecasting;
- Interface with Corporate departments of accounting, contracts/subcontracts, and financial planning, with divisional interface as required; and
- Assists the Chief Financial Officer, Director of Financial Analysis, Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis and Manager of Billing to provide training and support to project management and backstops in the area of financial systems and analysis. Helps bring financial literacy to all levels in the company.
- Provide billing administration efforts in the following process:
- Prepare monthly billings and periodic NICRA adjustment vouchers;
- Research all billing discrepancies and make necessary corrections;
- Review field expenses using the field database in an accurate and timely manner;
- Communicate any deficiencies with the field finance personnel on a timely basis;
- Assist in the month-end closing and distribution of monthly financial reports;
- Some activities may include:
- Reviewing invoices;
- Review revenue recognition;
- Prepare and review project financial deliverables and pipeline reports;
- Collaborate with project teams – Project Directors, Backstops and field staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, or relevant field;
- At least seven (7) years of experience in financial analysis, billing, and/or project financial management;
- Familiarity with U.S. government (USG) regulations concerning cost accounting standards;
- Familiarity with the USAID project life cycle;
- Familiarity with different Indirect Rate applications, NICRA, etc;
- Familiarity with T&M, Fixed Price and Cost Reimbursement awards;
- Attention to quantitative detail;
- The selected candidate must be proficient in the use of Excel and be able to manipulate and use spreadsheets for consolidation, sensitivity analysis and changes in variables;
- Ability to write and verbally communicate clearly and concisely;
- Strong planning, organizational and prioritization skills;
- Ability to work both independently and in a team; and
- Ability to travel.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Familiarity with Windows based Microsoft Dynamic SL 2017;
- Prior USG Contractor/NGO experience; and
- Expert in Excel (VBA, Macros, etc.)
About the Organization
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.