The Senior Financial Control Officer will be responsible for performing a wide range of duties related to the establishment, maintenance and testing of internal control in support of financial reporting at Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank(AIIB). These tasks include but are not limited to (1) working with process and control owners to ensure key controls are kept current, (2) providing guidance to process/control owners on adequacy of controls, (3) planning and conducting periodic control testing, (4) reporting on results of such tests and (5) promoting a culture of risk ownership and control awareness.
- Administer the internal financial control framework and procedures to help ensure the effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting.
- Formulate and implement relevant directives, guidelines and procedural documents pertaining to internal controls and managing any required reviews and updates.
- Ensure the Risk and Control Matrix library is current.
- Ensure the adequacy of key control design effectiveness.
- Plan and ensure key controls are tested as scheduled.
- Report on testing results to the Executive Committee and the Audit and Risk Committee.
- Prepare and conduct risk- and control-related awareness training.
- Participate in the evaluation and implementation of AIIB’s Governance, Risk and Compliance system.
- Engage in other duties assigned by senior staff of the Office of the Controller.
- Minimum 8-12 years of relevant experience with a multilateral development bank and/or a large-scale financial institution, particularly in the risk and control areas.
- Solid experience in risk management, control design and control testing.
- Strategic problem solver with a solid understanding of internal controls and the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO) internal control framework.
- Ability to lead a small team to work collaboratively with various stakeholders and at same time able to challenge First Line of Defense on their adequacy of controls.
- Ability to promote the culture of risk ownership and control awareness within the Bank.
- Ability to multitask and manage competing deadlines.
- Fluent in oral and written English.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in accounting and/or finance, a Chartered Accountant (CA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation from a reputable and internationally recognized institution would be an advantage.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the employee level at which a successful applicant will enter AIIB.
About the Organization
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank with a mission to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia. Headquartered in Beijing, we began operations in January 2016 and have now grown to 93 approved members worldwide. By investing in sustainable infrastructure and other productive sectors in Asia and beyond, we will better connect people, services and markets that over time will impact the lives of billions and build a better future.