Responsible for maintaining and enhancing financial planning application(s) and templates. Provides training and user support on the financial planning application, templates and budgeting processes. Understands and applies statistical methods and budget planning tools and techniques to manage the financial analysis and budget workflow. Participates in organizational meetings to ensure accurate setup of financial planning and analysis application, cost structure for awards and periodic financial reports. Organizes portfolio level and project level meetings to review and discuss financial planning and analysis processes, templates, and financial reports. Promotes financial success of the organization, portfolio and its projects by proactively extending guidance and support on financial matters, providing high level analytical expertise and capacity building support, and implementing financial management and budgetary strategies. Designs and develops budgeting and analytical tools, promotes adoption of the tools, and establishes strong customer relationships.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Maintains client approved, baseline and forecast budgets in the budget system and supports development and maintenance of financial models to track the budget, expenses, and variances.
- Develops ad-hoc reports to respond to requests for budgetary information.
- Collaborates with business managers, finance mangers, operations management, and enterprise service units to understand their needs on financial planning and analysis templates, processes and reports.
- Helps design and execute a plan to expand Tables Manager 1 (TM1) usage across the organization and organizes training events to enhance the knowledge and skills of our finance staff on financial policies, financial system, TM1 budgeting, budget monitoring, and reporting.
- Assists on annual planning and budgeting process by participating in the meetings, providing analysis, executing TM1 related enhancements, and extending user support across the organization.
- Responsible for customization, maintenance and troubleshooting of the budgeting system, ensures data integrity, develops and analyzes solutions to meet the business needs.
- Works with vendors and internal departments to enhance TM1 data model and to ensure data integrity and data quality.
- Undertakes continuous enhancement initiatives to increase the effectiveness of the budgeting and reporting tools.
- Reviews and/or processes budget and journal transactions if necessary. Implements and evaluates statistical models, systems and serves as a trusted advisor to Operations teams and management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Has in-depth technical and administrative knowledge and can connect the financial and non-financial information to generate insights and recommendations for program effectiveness.
- Must demonstrate excellent analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of accounting and financial data reporting and processes.
- Ability to communicate in an articulate and professional manner with clients and staff.
- Superior ability to communicate clearly in both oral and written form.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
- Integrates knowledge and skills from other specialties to address moderate to complex work assignments and problems.
- Supports technology applications by exploring and adapting to changing technologies.
- Independently applies technical and business judgment to work assignments to achieve desired outcomes.
- Proactively verifies problem resolution. Independently resolves routine and non-routine problems. Makes suggestions for technical and functional modifications to resolve current issues or prevent future problems.
- Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
- Consults with clients and higher-level technicians and analysts to resolve technical and functional issues and ensure client satisfaction.
- Typically reports to a Manager or Associate Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its International Equivalent in Information Systems, Finance, Business Administration or Related Field.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typically requires a minimum 5 - 8 years of progressively responsible financial analysis and pricing experience in a government contracting environment.
- Experience in providing outstanding customer service and training, performing complex activities associated with maintaining ledger accounts, and in ensuring compliance with company’s system of internal controls is required.
- Experienced using systems to produce reports, financial models and databases.
- Substantial experience using SQL and computerized information systems.
- Proficiency in spreadsheet software required.
- Experience in managing a TM1 based budgeting application desired.
- Familiar with cost estimating models, basic modeling and simulation principles, basic operations research methods, particularly statistical data analysis preferred.
- Familiarity with USAID rules and regulations preferred.
- Experience in CRO and/or pharmaceutical business development preferred.
Technology to be Used:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to spend long hours looking at computer screen and doing repetitive work on a keyboard.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 5 - 50 lbs.
- Personal Computer, Microsoft Office 365 (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail), office telephone, cell phone and printer/copier.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
About the Organization
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.