IDH is looking for an organized, service-oriented, team player with a strong interest in supply chain sustainability, and who finds networking, partnership building and fundraising a necessary and fascinating part of development work. You are both analytical and practical, able to work independently and learn fast. You work in a results-oriented, flexible and hands-on manner.
As Senior Fundraising Manager, you report to the Program Director Landscapes, Soy, Palm Oil and Tropical Timber.
IDH has developed a strong capacity and portfolio in sustainable landscape management over the last few years. The IDH landscape program uses an innovative, integrated approach to sustainable natural management. It also works towards preventing deforestation, improving smallholder and community livelihoods, and ensuring supply security for businesses.
We use our three-pronged approach – Production, Protection and Inclusion (PPI approach) – to support four key stakeholder groups:
1) companies producing and/or sourcing sustainably;
2) governments aiming to enable sustainable growth;
3) smallholder famers and communities who need to diversify their income, secure land rights, and strengthen their position in supply chains; and finally,
4) impact investors and the mainstream finance sector who need bankable projects that deliver impact on SDGs.
Through innovatively using different sources of funding, IDH aims to incentivize both (development) banks and supply chain companies to move beyond their comfort zones and venture into innovative business models serving people, planet and profit.
We focus on landscapes in tropical regions of Asia, Africa and South America that produce globally traded agricultural and forestry commodities such as cocoa, coffee, tea, beef, soy, timber and palm oil. The program currently operates in 9 countries and 15 landscapes, but is growing rapidly.
As Senior Fundraising Manager, you are part of IDH’s thought-leadership and practice in landscapes, both internally and externally. You help drive an investment agenda which engages partners and stakeholders towards next-stage investment solutions in landscape and market transformation. You support the program team with strategic knowledge, business-development and fund-raising to drive quality and impact in the program. The role is based out of Utrecht, you are part of the Landscape Team (40+ fte).
- Lead responsibility for the development of partnerships and funding proposals across the full range of IDH landscape partnerships, ensuring internal coordination.
- Identify, assess and research prospective donors with the aim of securing both restricted and unrestricted funds.
- Support the expansion of the IDH network and donor base internationally, contributing to the further strategic development of IDH.
- 8+ years working experience on fundraising in an international environment.
- Knowledge of sustainability, international trade, supply chains and/or agricultural commodities.
- Strong networks in the world of impact investors/donors/private philanthropy.
- Experience with stakeholder management in an international and culturally diverse environment.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English. Additional languages are an advantage but not required.
- Analytical, makes complex issues simple
- Effective relationship-builder, deal-maker, fund-raiser and innovator
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, in writing and verbally
- Highly flexible; able to take initiative and work independently
- Organized and ability to have a helicopter view of what need to be done at which time
IDH offers a dynamic international environment and an enthusiastic and passionate team. As an IDH team member you can contribute to positive global change. The position is for 40 hours per week, initially for one year, with the intention to extend. We offer a competitive salary and solid fringe benefits, including a good pension scheme.
For more information about IDH, please visit www.idhtrade.org.
For questions about this position, please contact Claudia Schlangen at email@example.com.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to send a motivation letter and 2-page resume in English to Annemarie Woudstra, HR Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning the name of the function in the subject line. We encourage applicants to respond latest by August 26, 2018.
About the Organization
IDH, The Sustainable Trade Initiative convenes companies, CSOs, governments and others in public-private partnerships. Together we drive the joint design, co-funding and prototyping of new economically viable approaches to realize green & inclusive growth at scale in commodity sectors and sourcing areas. Our approaches are designed to drive sustainability from niche to norm in mainstream markets, delivering impact on Sustainable Development Goals. We focus on creating positive impact on deforestation, living incomes and living wages, working conditions, toxic loading and gender. IDH is supported by multiple European governments (Dutch, Swiss, Danish, Norwegian) and we work together with over 500 companies, CSOs, financial institutions, producer organizations and governments in 11 sectors and 12 landscapes in over 40 countries worldwide. IDH is a dynamic and demanding organization of about 150 staff members and consultants at the HQ in Utrecht, the Netherlands and several overseas offices and hubs in South America, Asia and Africa.