Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) headquartered in Arlington, VA is accepting applications from qualified candidates for a Gender Advisor. This new role will be a part of the Women’s Global Development Prosperity Initiative (W-GDP) under the USAID- funded Integrated Land and Resource Governance (ILRG) Project.
ILRG provides support to the USAID Land and Urban Office in the Bureau for Economic Growth, Education, and Environment (E3/LU). ILRG develops and implements targeted interventions in select USAID presence and non-presence countries, providing technical assistance to improve land and resource governance, strengthen property rights, and build resilient livelihoods as the foundation for stability, resilience, and strong economic growth.
About the role:
The Gender Advisor is responsible for the overall coordination of ILRG’s W-GDP portfolio, including gender activities and focus areas within ILRG projects that are supported through additional funding streams.
This position can be based in the Eastern Time Zone of the United States, or a European Standard Time Zone.
What you’ll be doing:
* Lead development of a two-year logic frame model and work plan for ILRG’s W-GDP work
* Lead ongoing design and implementation of ILRG’s W-GDP work plan across all activities, including gender mainstreaming and gender-specific activities.
* In close collaboration with the ILRG COP, respond quickly and effectively to White House and USAID requests for information related to W-GDP and women’s rights to land and natural resources, including preparation of briefings, presentations, strategy documents,
* Coordinate closely with leadership and staff of the USAID-funded Communications, Evidence and Learning (CEL) Land Evidence for Economic Rights and Gender Empowerment (LEVERAGE) program and other USAID country-level efforts to achieve maximum efficiencies and impact around gender
* Together with in-country stakeholders, lead priority focus on ILRG’s work to strengthen policy, legal, and regulatory frameworks for equal rights for women and men to land and natural resources
* Work with the project management team to engage consultants and long-term staff for the task as needed, including developing consultant SOWs and job descriptions (JDs) for long-term staff
What we’re looking for in you
* A master’s degree or other post-graduate degree in a relevant field.
* Minimum of 10 years of relevant and progressively responsible work experience in the field of international development, with a focus on gender, land, natural resources, research, law, policy or related fields.
* Knowledge of USAID and other international donor rules and regulations.
* Experience leading/coordinating complex gender-related global or regional projects requiring facilitation of diverse and sometimes conflicting viewpoints
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively on gender-related objectives in a wide variety of geographic and cultural contexts
* Experience and/or knowledge of the USG’s gender-related priorities, guidance documents and policies, including those related W-GDP platforms
* Ability to travel frequently (across five countries) for extended periods (multi-week trips)
* Fluency in written and oral English; Portuguese desired
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
* A writing sample no more than 10 pages in length in which the applicant is the sole author, or authored sections highlighted
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.