Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm with offices based in Washington, DC and abroad. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: health, finance and investment, enterprise development, gender, youth, and evaluation and learning.
Banyan Global is recruiting for a Senior Gender and Social Inclusion Expert to provide gender and social inclusion (GSI) technical support for future GSI activities with a Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) Call Order focused on providing a range of GSI support for MCC GSI teams in the early analysis phase of program development, including a constraints analyses (CA) and root cause analyses (RCA). The Call Order will support the MCC’s GSI practice group to consolidate and strengthen the GSI analytical approach and guidance documents for the CAs and develop RCA guidance and apply both in future selected countries.
The Senior GSI Expert will provide technical support of GSI-related tasks within the Call Order and provide technical input of deliverables. The assignments will depend on MCC country selection in future years. This position is remote with some travel required depending on COVID-19 restrictions and is contingent upon contract award.
- Provide GSI technical support to assignments within the Call Order and provide technical input to all deliverables.
- Work with a team of international and national technical, research, and sector specialists.
- Conduct required secondary data collection (literature review) as needed.
- Conduct required primary data collection remotely or by traveling to the required countries with a team of national and international GSI experts.
- Provide overall GSI technical support to Banyan Global HQ and MCC GSI staff in newly selected countries, on an as-needs basis.
- Provide technical support to MCC GSI staff in the Root Cause Analysis of Binding Constraints, which includes both a) root cause analysis and b) development of high-level project concepts.
- An advanced degree in economics, development, or related field.
- At least 10 years expertise in inclusive growth concepts and approaches.
- At least 5 years’ experience in developing and implementing new and innovative frameworks, methodology, and tools to identify and analyze barriers to inclusive growth and the impact of these barriers on the poor, women, and other disadvantaged groups.
- At least 5 years’ experience leading multisectoral teams and working with donors and governments.
- At least 5 years’ experience working in developing countries, especially in Sub-Saharan Africa and Asia.
- Strong technical research, writing, and management skills.
- Strong qualitative and quantitative data collection skills.
- Previous MCC experience preferred.
- Fluency in French required.
- Fluency in Arabic beneficial.
Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer. Please apply to the position through our website, https://banyanglobal.com/careers/
About the Organization
Banyan Global is a women-owned and managed international development consulting firm based in Washington, DC with staff working in several countries across the world. Banyan Global operates within six practice areas: gender, health, finance and investment, enterprise development, youth, and monitoring, evaluation and learning.