Banyan Global, an international development consulting firm, is recruiting a full-time Senior Gender and Social Inclusion Manager for its Washington, DC offices. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: finance and investment, enterprise development, health, gender and social inclusion (GESI), youth, and evaluation and learning.
- Manage and oversee projects in the GESI and youth practice.
- Supervise Chiefs of Party, field staff, and home office teams in the GESI and youth practice, including a $20 million Workforce Development project in Honduras.
- Lead the GESI Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) Blanket Purchase Agreement (BPA).
- Provide technical inputs on gender, women’s economic empowerment, positive youth development, and social inclusion projects, including designing and leading gender and youth trainings, implementing gender and youth analyses, and overseeing youth mentorship programs.
- Manage strategic new business opportunities, including overseeing field reconnaissance and serving as lead technical writer.
- Provide managerial oversight on designated projects.
- Support the gender, social inclusion, and youth practice’s knowledge management and adaptive learning strategies.
- Manage and strengthen relationships with potential partners.
- Represent Banyan Global to diverse stakeholders and audiences.
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience implementing and managing USAID development projects.
- Minimum 7 years of experience managing donor-funded international development projects in gender, youth and/or social inclusion.
- Extensive prior experience leading USAID proposals, including the conceptualization of the technical approach, writing of the technical approach, recruitment of key personnel, and packaging of the final proposal document.
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking, and communication skills.
- Experience managing teams.
- Significant program management experience, including overseeing field projects.
- Familiarity with USAID contracting and reporting requirements.
- Experience representing with USAID, other donors, host country governments and other stakeholders.
- Ability to travel internationally for short-term consultancies (post COVID).
- English fluency required, additional language skills a plus.
- Advanced degree in relevant field.
Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer. Please apply to the position through our website, https://banyanglobal.com/careers/
About the Organization
Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: finance and investment, health, gender, youth, enterprise development, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E).