USAID/Guinea will be hiring Banyan Global to conduct a Gender Analysis to inform USAID/Guinea’s 2021-2026 Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS). The upcoming Guinea CDCS will focus on Health, Democracy and Governance (D&G), and Economic Growth.
The Senior Gender Expert will work with a research team, and collaborate with USAID/Guinea staff and partners, local academia, government institutions and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) to gather data for the Gender Analysis. The consultancy will be approximately three months and data collection will be based in Guinea. The Senior Gender Expert will be expected to use his/her knowledge and connections with local stakeholders to facilitate meetings with academia, think tanks, government institutions and NGOs during the data collection period.
- Work within a team of international gender experts to conduct a Gender Analysis in Guinea.
- Set up expert interviews and focus groups with implementing partners, academia, think tanks, government institutions and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and other relevant stakeholders to inform the analysis.
- Contribute to the preparation of an Inception Report, including a desk review of relevant literature in Guinea.
- Contribute to the design of the methodology and participate in key informant interiews and focus group discussions with the Team Leader and Gender Expert.
- Contribute to the drafting of data collection instruments.
- Establish and participate in key informant interviews and assist in presentation of study findings to USAID and project staff.
- Contribute to the findings, conclusions, and recommendations for report and presentation.
- Assist in drafting the final report and make revisions based on USAID and Banyan Global feedback.
- At least ten years of experience working in development, research and/or evaluations in the gender analysis area.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in economics, public policy, development, or other related field.
- Must have leadership skills, be able to lead meetings, coordinate, and gather different points of view of team members, draft documents with specific conclusions and recommendations, and prepare reports and presentations.
- Extensive experience in qualitative research and statistical data analysis.
- Familiarity with public policies addressing gender and social inclusion gaps, gender-based violence, disability, and gender agendas and programs of the main development agencies in Guinea.
- Must have contacts with academia, think tanks, government institutions and NGOs in order to be able to set up the expert interviews and focus groups.
- Fluency in French is required.
- Fluency in one or more of the following languages - Susu, Malinke, and Pulaar.
- Fluency in English is preferred.
Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer. Please apply to the position through our website, https://banyanglobal.com/careers/
About the Organization
Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm with offices based in Washington, DC and abroad. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: health, finance and investment, enterprise development, gender, youth, and evaluation and learning.