Banyan Global, a woman-owned international development consulting firm, is recruiting for a full-time Senior Gender Specialist. This position is responsible for overseeing a portfolio of gender projects, managing staff, new business development, and providing technical assistance related to gender integration and women’s empowerment. Interested candidates must be based (or willing to move to) the Washington Metro area.
The Senior Gender Specialist’s responsibilities include:
• Providing technical leadership on country and project-level gender analyses and research.
• Designing and leading gender equality mainstreaming trainings.
• Providing technical guidance on the technical coherence of the gender team’s programming work across multiple sectors.
• Recruiting and managing consultants that support the gender practice as a whole, and projects for which the Senior Gender Specialist is responsible.
• Providing technical leadership and ensuring the quality and on-time submission of project/program deliverables.
• Serving as a liaison to USAID and other donors for gender project interventions and deliverables.
• Supporting new business development for the gender practice.
• Managing program and project budgets.
• Writing project reports and preparing internal documentation as required.
• Travelling abroad annually for up to 3 – 4 weeks on technical assignments.
The Senior Gender Specialist’s job requirements are:
• At least 8-10 years of experience in gender equality and women’s empowerment in international development or related field.
• Experience working on gender technical assignments, including gender analyses and assessments.
• Experience with and knowledge of gender integration approaches in fields ranging from economic growth; health; democracy and governance; food security, nutrition, and agriculture; gender-based violence; and monitoring and evaluation.
• Experience with project/program technical and financial/budget management in line with USAID and other donor requirements.
• Knowledge of USAID’s gender policy and programming.
• Experience managing teams, projects, and remote management.
• Experience in proposal writing, proposal management, teaming, and the overall bid process.
• Experience working with USAID, governments, and donor agencies.
• Capacity to work effectively in different cultures.
• Excellent communication and computer skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Working proficiency in Spanish or French is mandatory.
Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer. Please apply to the position through our website, https://banyanglobal.com/careers/, and include a cover letter and resume in your application. No phone calls please.
About the Organization
Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: finance and investment, health, gender, youth, enterprise development, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E).