Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm with offices based in Washington, DC and abroad. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: health, finance and investment, enterprise development, gender, youth, and evaluation and learning.
USAID/El Salvador will be hiring Banyan Global to conduct a Gender Analysis and Assessment to inform USAID/El Salvador’s 2019-2024 Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS). The CDCS will broadly align with the U.S. Strategy for Central America goals of promoting prosperity, enhancing security, and improving governance. It will focus on security and governance, (agricultural and non-agricultural) economic growth, and education.
The Senior Gender Specialist consultant will work with the team and local academia, think tanks, government institutions and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) to carry out the Gender Analysis and Assessment. The consultant will travel to El Salvador for 4-5 weeks to conduct the field work for the Gender Analysis and Assessment (likely to take place in early-to-mid-October/November 2018).
- Collaborate with the Team Leader to prepare an Inception Report that includes a review of existing literature and resources (in line with sectors mentioned above) and the detailed methodology.
- Collaborate with the Team Leader to prepare a work plan that includes: a plan for the collection, analysis and interpretation of data; draft data collection instruments; and the table of contents of the gender analysis and assessment report.
- Travel to El Salvador for 4-5 weeks and work within a team of domestic and international gender experts to conduct the Gender Analysis and Assessment.
- Collaborate with the Team Leader and National Gender Expert to conduct in-country key informant interviews and focus groups.
- Serve as co-author of the draft and final gender analysis. Integrate USAID and Banyan Global feedback into the draft and final report.
- Develop and participate in the presentation of preliminary study findings to USAID and project staff in El Salvador.
- At least seven years of experience in gender analysis and assessment, including gender-based violence.
- Master’s degree in sociology, anthropology, economics, or relevant social sciences field.
- Familiarity with public policies, strategies and legal frameworks addressing gender and social inclusion gaps, gender-based violence, indigenous peoples, and disability, as well as with the gender agendas and programs of the main development agencies in El Salvador or other neighboring Central American Countries, particularly of USAID.
- Ability to communicate diplomatically and clearly with USAID staff and partners.
- Experience in the drafting and implementation of qualitative research instruments.
- Superior speaking and writing skills in Spanish and English required.
No phone calls please. Please apply to the position through our website, https://banyanglobal.com/careers/.
About the Organization
Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm with offices in Washington, DC and staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: finance and investment, health, gender, youth, enterprise development, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E).