Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm with offices based in Washington, DC and abroad. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: health, finance and investment, enterprise development, gender, youth, and evaluation and learning.
USAID/Ghana will be hiring Banyan Global to conduct a Gender Analysis and Assessment to inform USAID/Ghana’s 2020-2025 Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS). The CDCS focuses on health, education, economic growth, and democracy, rights and governance.
The Senior Gender Specialist consultant will work with the team and USAID/Ghana, local academia, think tanks, government institutions and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) to carry out the Gender Analysis and Assessment. The consultant will travel to Ghana for 4-5 weeks to conduct the field work for the Gender Analysis and Assessment (likely to take place in early-to -mid-October/November 2018).
- Collaborate with the Team Leader to prepare an Inception Report that includes a review of existing literature and resources (in line with sectors mentioned above) and the detailed methodology.
- Collaborate with the Team Leader to prepare a detailed work plan for data collection, analysis and interpretation, roles/tasks/level of effort of team, and a table of contents for the Gender Analysis report.
- Participate in the design of the methodology, drafting of data collection instruments, and primary data collection with the Team Leader and National Gender Expert.
- Travel to Ghana for 4-5 weeks and work within a team of national and international gender experts to conduct the Gender Analysis and Assessment.
- Collaborate with the Team Leader and National Gender Expert to conduct in-country key informant interviews and focus groups.
- Serve as co-author of the draft and final gender analysis. Integrate USAID and Banyan Global feedback into the draft and finalize the report.
- Develop and participate in the presentation of preliminary study findings to USAID and project staff in Ghana.
- At least seven years of experience in conducting gender analyses and assessments, including the consideration of gender-based violence as a cross-cutting theme.
- Specialized knowledge of women’s empowerment – including key measures and indicators across multiple sectors (such as the USAID Feed the Future Women’s Empowerment in Agricultural Index, Gender Integration Framework).
- Master’s Degree in sociology, anthropology, economics, or another relevant social sciences field.
- Familiarity with public policies, strategies and legal frameworks addressing gender and social inclusion gaps, gender-based violence, and disability, as well as with gender agendas and programs of the main development agencies in Ghana.
- Ability to communicate diplomatically and clearly with USAID staff and partners.
- Experience in the drafting and implementation of qualitative research instruments.
- Superior speaking and writing skills in English are required.
No phone calls please. Please apply to the position through our website, https://banyanglobal.com/careers/.
About the Organization
Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm with offices in Washington, DC and staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: finance and investment, health, gender, youth, enterprise development, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E).