The International City/County Management Association (ICMA) is seeking a a senior governance expert to serve as Deputy Chief of Party for the upcoming USAID Improving Governance in Haiti Initiative (IGHI). The position will have a strong focus on technical expertise with some management as well.
Project Goal: The purpose of the program is to support locally-driven and politically-feasible solutions to supporting more inclusive, accountable governance in Haiti.
Project Objectives. The project will support activities that help governments manage and mobilize resources and improve service delivery to citizens; promote greater engagement among civil society, private sector and government to define and address development priorities and improve communication, collaboration and coordination across and between levels of government and with Parliament on policy, budget and service delivery issues.
The Deputy Chief of Party will be a governance expert and will provide technical leadership on the project. S/he will be responsible for ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors, with a focus on achieving the results defined in the procurement. This individual will:
- Support the development of the project strategic framework and work plans for program implementation to ensure the achievement of project goals;
- Manage program operations, including administration, logistics, procurement, budgeting, finance and compliance, property, and oversight of grants under contract;
- Support a broad range of activities related to good governance, public financial management, citizen engagement and government service delivery; and
- Fulfill the responsibilities of the Chief of Party in his/her absence.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Advanced degree from an accredited university in a relevant field.
- At least 8 years of experience in the management and implementation of donor-funded democratic governance programs in Haiti.
- Successful track record of working with civil society, private sector, faith-based and media actors to achieve project goals.
- Flexible approach for working in a dynamic environment and managing relationships with and among stakeholders. Keen understanding of political economy issues that need to be taken into account as project evolves.
- Ability to communicate effectively on the technical aspects of implementation with a wide variety of stakeholders and different levels of government.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with other projects and international partners to further project outcomes.
- Experience in the hiring and supervising of host country local personnel.
- Financial management experience, including budgeting; financial management (tracking, reporting, and accounting); and procurement.
- Understanding of USAID policies and procedures.
- Excellent communication, facilitation, decision-making and conflict resolution skills.
- Fluency in French and English. Proficiency in Haitian Creole.
About the Organization
ICMA, the International City/County Management Association, develops tools and resources that advance professional local government management to create sustainable communities that improve lives worldwide. Follow us on LinkedIn for company updates and resources for local government. Visit www.icma.org for more information. You can also follow us on Twitter: @ICMA - Latest News and Information about Local Government @ICMAMembers - Membership Updates @ICMAEvents - Annual Conference Information @ICMAJobCenter - Jobs Postings at ICMA @ICMA_311 - Information about ICMA's 311/CRM Services @ICMACityLinks - Information from ICMA International's City Links Program @LifeWellRun – Updates on campaign news and activities Check out our affiliate Twitter pages: @SolarOutreach - News and Information about municipal solar adoption @Brownfields2013 - Updates about the 2013 National Brownfields Conference Go to http://icma.org/socialmediaguidelines to learn more about our Social Media Engagement Guidelines.