Requisition ID: req2443
Job Title: senior Grants Manager
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
SCOPE OF WORK:
The Senior Grants Manager will provide key support to the Grants and Partnerships Coordinator and day-to-day oversight of grants, while understanding and adhering to internal IRC procedures as well as donor requirements. S/he will ensure effective monitoring and compliance of grants and any relevant sub-grants, and will manage the Sr Grants and Partnerships Officer.
1. Grant Management:
* Ensure that grants or contracts are well administered and program/support teams are fully informed of relevant donor compliance regulations and IRC procedures
* Manage all external reporting to ensure timely delivery of high-quality reports which meet donor and IRC requirements, with support program managers/ coordinators
* Ensure draft reports are disseminated for review/feedback by SMT, relevant technical advisers, and HQ staff prior to submission
* Coordinate and support regular monitoring of grants, using appropriate grant management tools and through facilitation and support of regular and timely Grant Review, Opening and Closing Meetings
* Support program staff in grant revisons, cost extensions, no-cost extensions, budget realignments, and other as required
* Ensure quality information management related to grants by overseeing the regular maintenance of grant files, reporting calendars, and updating of internal IRC documentation and Grant Unit tools
* Maintain a comprehensive information management and filing system that ensures all donor contractual documents, reports, key correspondences, etc. are appropriately filed in up-to-date and consistent soft and hard libraries available as needed
* Assist capacity building of IRC program and support teams by facilitating trainings and providing support in report writing, budget management, indicator tracking, IRC-specific tools, and other topics as/if needed
* Maintain a broad and deep understanding of relevant donor policies, regulations and procedures
* Proactively identify compliance risks throughout the portfolio and advise programs, support teams and senior management on necessary actions
* In concert with the finance team, assist program technical leads and operations staff with understanding the reporting and other compliance requirements on their grants
* Liaise with IRC HQ in NY and London about specific compliance issues and clearly communicate these issues through to relevant colleagues in the field
2. Sub-Award Management, as applicable:
* Manage the Senior Grant and Partnerships Officer, providing support and guidance as required
* Support local partner mapping in south central Iraq
* Represent IRC with external partners and sub-awardee organisations, to ensure accordance with policies and procedures, including prime donor compliance
* Work in coordination with the M&E Coordinator to develop a monitoring structure for Local Partners
* Assist in drafting sub-award agreements and modifications, acting as focal point with HQ for review and approval, and facilitate signature by IRC and partners
* Working with finance to ensure the timely internal review and clearance of all financial documentation and reporting associated with sub-grants.
* Ensure timely and accurate payments are made to partners throughout life of the sub-grants
* Monitor and facilitate compliance of partner’ s programs with donor and IRC requirements and raise issues affecting external/internal compliance to the Grants and Partnerships Coordinator.
* Maintain Sub-Grants Tracker and ensure regular maintenance of sub-grant files, both electronic and hard copy.
* Update internal IRC documentation and provide analysis of current and closed sub-awards.
3. Donor Communication
* Support the Grants and Partnerships Coordinator, DDP, and Country Director to maintain positive and constructive relationships with donors, in-country and abroad.
* Provide liaison or representation to donors and track donor correspondence
* Ensure that effective channels of internal and external communications relating to grants are established and respected
* Ensure that senior management and technical leads understand donor communication protocols and provide copies of correspondence for files
* Maintain a database of key donor contacts
4. Business Development
* Support proposal and project/program revisions, as required
* Support opportunity identification by perform monitoring, research and analysis into donor strategies and share with program staff
* Support the Grants and Partnerships Coordinator to ensure proposals are tracked with standard IRC tracking tools (e.g. FM01, Grants Tracker, OTIS)
The Senior Grants Manager reports to the Grants and Partnerships Coordinator, and line manages the Sr Grants and Partnerships Officer.
* Masters Degree in the relevant discipline or
* Excellent professional track record with at least 3 years in the same role.
* Experience in effectively dealing with international and headquarters staff, as well as donor agencies, government officials, and other NGO’ s; ability to work with a broad spectrum of people
* Good knowledge and understanding of international donors such as DFID, UN, ECHO, SIDA, PRM, and OFDA.
* Strong proficiency in budget management, grants management, and reporting.
* Strong coordination and project management skills.
* Proven experience supervising and management.
* Strong writing and analytical skills, including ability to communicate technical matters to a range of audiences.
* Competent in Windows, MS office programs, emails and relevant database.
* Interpersonal qualities: Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
* At least 2-3 years of NGOs experience, including staff capacity development and team building experience.
* Good coping strategies in stressful and emergency situation, calmness is a requirement
* Fluent in spoken and written English.
* Arabic language skills an advantage.
About the Organization
From emergency response through post-conflict development work, in a great variety of roles around the world, the International Rescue Committee’s 8,000-plus staff is a force for humanity and hope. If you’re skilled and passionate, we’d like to add your energy to ours.
Careers at the IRC are as wide-ranging and far-reaching as our work. Encouraging staff development through promotion, transfer and rehire, the IRC nurtures long-term career paths and helps employees grow within the organization.
At any given moment, on any given day, all around the world, IRC staff members are restlessly and effectively working for the sake of the most vulnerable among us—to restore and renew hope, dignity and freedom.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.