IMA World Health is a non-profit, faith-based organization with extensive expertise implementing health programming globally. IMA currently implements integrated health systems strengthening, maternal and child health, neglected tropical diseases, malaria, HIV, family planning and sexual-and reproductive health, non-communicable diseases, and sexual and gender based violence programs throughout Africa, Asia, and the Caribbean. IMA maintains a diverse funding portfolio of both grants and contracts of approximately $100 million annually.
The Senior Proposal Writer will report to the Senior Director, Business Development. He or she will work closely with other members of the Business Development Division and collaborate with programs and technical staff. The Senior Proposal Writer may supervise junior staff and/or consultants. S/he will be based in Washington DC, with travel up to 20%.
- Research, write, and edit technical material for global health proposals and meet all proposal deadlines;
- Review and contribute to proposal outlines and compliance matrices;
- Work with subject matter experts to prepare material for proposals, including interviewing experts and/or reviewing and revising text prepared by experts;
- Integrate, synthesize and ensure responsiveness of technical inputs;
- Travel to international field offices to help the BD team to distill and document the competitive environment and developing differentiators for the proposal;
- Mentor BD and program staff in proposal writing, editing and supporting to ensure quality and build technical writing capacity;
- Periodically review and maintain IMA’s Writing and Style Guide in collaboration with the IMA Communications Division; and
- Support other writing tasks (including compiling/updating capabilities statements, marketing pieces, success stories, expressions of interest, country reports/briefing books, etc.), as required.
- Represent IMA at industry events, round tables, and conferences;
- Minimum 6 years of experience writing technical proposals and significant proposal sections (management, M&E, personnel, past performance, etc.) and supporting the full proposal development life cycle in response to solicitations for USAID, DFID, and CDC (preferred);
- Master’s or equivalent in public health, international development, journalism, or related field preferred; Bachelor’s required.
- Excellent writing and editing skills;
- Ability to meet proposal schedule demands;
- Strong management and communication skills, strategic vision, leadership qualities, professional reputation, ability to create synergies where applicable, and strong interpersonal skills;
- Knowledge of and experience working in sub-Saharan Africa, Southeast Asia, and/or the Caribbean preferred;
- Fluency in French and/or other foreign languages a plus, and
- Ability to travel, often on short notice, required.
About the Organization
IMA World Health is a non-profit, faith-based organization that that offers extensive expertise implementing programs to address integrated health systems strengthening, maternal and child health, neglected tropical diseases, malaria, HIV, non-communicable diseases, and sexual and gender based violence programs in some of the most challenging and post-conflict settings throughout Africa, Asia, and the Caribbean. IMA maintains a diverse and complex funding portfolio made up of both grants and contracts that support program services across those countries and totals approximately $100 million annually.