The Senior HIV Testing Advisor will be the lead expert on all aspects of HIV testing. S/he will provide expert guidance on appropriate technical and programmatic approaches to HIV case finding through targeted testing. S/he will recommend improvements in the delivery of HST and in targeting strategies and engage in mentoring of HIV testing staff.
The Senior HIV Testing Advisor is expected to have the following qualifications and experience:
* Medical degree preferred; nursing degree with clinical experience considered as an alternative. Master’s degree in health management, public health or related discipline also highly desired.
* Minimum 8 years professional experience with international health and HIV/AIDS programs, inclusive of at least 3 to 5 years in a technical leadership role in resource- challenged settings.
* At least 3 years’ experience working with large-scale community-based HIV testing programs in East and Southern Africa region.
* Demonstrated state-of-the-art expertise in HIV testing approaches in high prevalence settings, including in active index testing and HIVST.
* Prior experience with capacity building and clinical training of health personnel for improved service delivery in resource-challenged settings.
To apply for this position, please use the following URL:
About the Organization
The mission of Global Communities (formerly CHF International) is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Global Communities is seeking a Senior HIV Testing Advisor for an anticipated, USAID-funded HIV Prevention Activity in Malawi. The program's goal is to prevent new HIV infections in target populations within PEPFAR priority districts. The program will increase the use of proven, high-impact HIV prevention interventions by high-risk and underserved populations, especially adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) and men. It will also identify undiagnosed HIV-infected persons and link them to treatment.