This role will be part of UK corporate HR and global Talent Acquisition function. This role is permanent after 6 months’ probation period.
To provide proactive general HR support. Specifically, this will be hands-on role and will be required to assist with the management of the overall HR operations in the UK office. Coordinate recruitment for the UK office and for assigned International roles based in our field missions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function with or without reasonable accommodation. The tasks listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
- Attract and source for applicants through resume banks and networking through associations, conferences, companies, alumni groups, social media, et al
- Screen candidates, interview with the hiring manager if applicable and ensure evidenced based hiring decisions
- Conduct and review reference and background checks reports
- Negotiate job offers/contracts
- Utilise applicant tracking system from requisition to hire
- Train, advice and support hiring managers on recruitment policies and processes
- Ensure that recruitment practices are compliant with recruitment policies, procedures and legal requirements
- Generate recruitment reports as required
PAYROLL AND BENEFIT ADMINSTRATION
- In close collaboration with Finance team, process monthly payroll for UK staff including those separating to include deductions, increments and payment for any other benefits
- Ensure that Finance and Epsilon (external payroll company) make accurate payments and deductions on monthly basis.
- Coordinate staff pension; childcare, cycle to work, annual season tickets and other benefits
- Benchmark benefits
- Coordinate performance appraisals and probation reviews
- Train and support managers with effective people management skills
HUMAN RESOURCES INFORMATION SYSTEM (HRIS)
- Ensure all HR data on manual and computerised records is accurate and up to date and provide accurate and timely reports as and when required. Specifically, this includes:-Reconcile TE Leave details and run end of year TE processes
- -personnel files are kept up to date and ready for audits -Produce HR reports leave, retention, turnovers, absence, et al
- -HR data in Cost point , TE, WeLearn
STAFF ENGAGEMENT, LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT
- Support cultural changes in the organisation through a variety of different methods, including implementing action plans following Staff Survey and enabling a culture of Staff engagement and learning.
- Coordinate learning and development activities. This includes HR mandatory trainings.
- Build effective working relationships with staff at all levels, providing advice and guidance on a range of HR policies and HR related issues to support
- understand and ensure effective communication of good HR practice
- Support discipline and grievance procedures including conducting investigations
- Reviews and track HR policies, procedures and disseminate them accordingly.
HR PROJECTS INCLUDING HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Participate in the implementation of specific HR projects, procedures and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the organisations
Code of Conduct
It is our shared responsibility and obligation to prevent matters involving Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Trafficking in Persons, Child Safeguarding and any suggested violation to our Code of Conduct, which may involve Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption or Harassment. If you see, hear or are made aware of any suggested activities then you have an obligation to report
This is a role in a fast-paced team and work environment, working in organisation within a complex setting. Therefore, to perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the essential requirements below:
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR Associate CIPD – Essential
- Master’s Degree in HR Chartered CUPD – Desirable
- Proven experience of any HRIS
- A demonstrable record of success in previous roles
- Proven HR generalist experience including payroll, pension/benefit administration
- Experience in International Recruitment
- Proven HR generalist experience in Humanitarian sector
- A high level of personal integrity, who displays respect and empathy for others and is consistent, open and honest
- A creative and analytical thinking style, applying tenacity in the face of challenges
- A ‘can do’ outcome focused attitude and approach, resourceful and works to make things happen taking others along with them
- A sound understanding of the principles of good HR practice and knowledge of employment law
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion
- An ability to maintain confidentiality and act with discretion and diplomacy
- Brilliant attention to details, organisation skills including the ability to work under pressure, plan and prioritise your workload effectively
- Flexible to work additional hours or weekends if required
- Willingness to be deployed on a business trip when required
International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
How to apply
Candidates who can demonstrate that they meet individual specifications and can prove that they have the right to work in the UK should send application to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Human Resources Department 2 Ground Floor, 161 Marsh Wall, London, E14 9SJ.
Application should include CV and cover letter stating how you meet each requirements and why you are interested in the role. Due to the urgency to fill this role, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we reserve to close this advert before the confirmed closing date when we are in receipt of sufficient application.
5PM UK time on 20 September 2019. We reserve the right to close this vacancy when we are in receipt of sufficient applications. Should you wish to apply for this post you are advised to submit your application as soon as possible.
About the Organization
International Medical Corps UK provides emergency relief to those struck by disaster no matter where they are, no matter what the conditions, working with them to recover, rebuild and gain the skills and tools required for self-reliance.
International Medical Corps and International Medical Corps United Kingdom with headquarters in the United States and the United Kingdom respectively, work collaborate to maximise resources for the delivery of appropriate relief and development activities.