Human resources policy
- Maintain and improve upon the existing 3ie staff manual, such that it is compliant with local labour laws especially in India and the US;
- Develop tools and processes needed to implement the HR manual;
- Identify areas which could benefit from development of new policies and manage implementation related to all such policies;
- Lead all writing and finalisation of any needed revisions to the HR manual, tools, procedures and guidance notes;
- Ensure annual review of the HR manual, policies and processes and that any agreed actions are implemented by the agreed deadlines;
- Implement and promote diversity and inclusiveness across 3ie offices through initiatives which are in line with business objectives;
- Prepare timely HR reports to gather greater insights into the trends within 3ie in order to improve management and monitoring of leaves, performances, retention etc., and to provide recommendation to line managers.
Manage compensation and benefits
- Ensure salaries and benefits are accurately and reliably benchmarked to local and international labour markets, as appropriate;
- Develop and implement salary bands and scales;
- Assess benefits, compensation and compliance needs, and update the management based on the results.
Employee relations and legal
- Provide a dedicated HR advisory service in relation to absence and health issues, conduct and capability, grievance redressal, organisational change and the range of employment and employee relation matters;
- Investigate employee relation issues including grievances and disciplinary matters, and recommend appropriate actions, participate in hearings when necessary;
- Provide advice to managers regarding the process of organisational restructuring and redundancy and support them through the implementation process;
- To develop and maintain collaborative and productive relationships with departments within 3ie;
- Meet regularly with staff representatives.
Performance management systems
- Provide guidance to staff on performance management systems, including conducting induction programmes when required;
- Support senior management and line managers to ensure that quarterly and annual reviews and performance planning are conducted in a timely manner.
Recruitment, induction and orientation
- Plan and execute recruitment processes, specifically providing inputs to drafting job descriptions and announcements, in consultation with senior management;
- Liaise with recruitment firms to secure quality recruitment services;
- Provide guidance and ensure effective marketing of all 3ie job announcements;
- Ensure timely short-listing and prepare interview tools, as well as participate in interviews;
- Oversee the pre- and post-recruitment formalities;
- Design and facilitate induction and orientation programmes;
- Engage in salary negotiations with prospective candidates;
- Streamline hiring of consultants.
Learning and Development
- Conduct annual staff engagement surveys and implement plans to address issues that come up during such surveys;
- Support identification of suitable training options when needed for staff, at the request of senior management;
- Create HR monitoring and information MIS.
Qualifications and skills
- Education and work experience
- Post-graduate degree in Human Resources Management with preference to MBAs with specialisation in human resources management;
- Minimum ten years of relevant work experience, with at least 3-5 years at a senior level in an international setting, preferably for an international development organization with links to the US or the UK;
- Knowledge of employment legislation and regulatory framework of India and familiarity with those of the US and the UK;
- Knowledge of latest HR trends in the development sector;
- Experience in developing and implementing 360 performance management systems and in supervising staff;
- Demonstrated success in international recruitment in the international development sector;
- Demonstrated experience in strengthening compensation and benefits policies and processes for non-profits, preferably in international development.
- Excellent leadership, mentoring and motivational skills, and proven problem-solving skills;
- A highly developed sense of ethics, integrity, and confidentiality, attention to details, ability to meet deadlines, and willingness to put in extra working hours, as necessary;
- Team player with the willingness to work in a multicultural setting should be able to roll up her/his sleeves to do what is needed to get the job done, highly committed, motivated and independent;
- Understanding of the rights-based approach to development;
- Exceptional English-language skills;
- Knowledge of MS office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
3ie is an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, ethnicity or sexual orientation. We particularly encourage women, ethnic minorities and differently abled persons to apply.
Terms of employment
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and salary history within the applicable salary scale for this position.
How to apply
Please apply by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following application materials listed below. Please include “Senior Human Resource Manager” in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be considered
- A cover letter, not exceeding one page, highlighting your experience relevant to the terms of reference;
- Curriculum vitae (not to exceed two pages);
- Three references.
Applications must be submitted by 23:59 IST, 31 August 2018. Only those short-listed will be contacted.
About the Organization
The International Initiative for Impact Evaluation (3ie) is an international non-profit organization that promotes evidence-informed equitable, inclusive and sustainable development. We support the generation and effective use of high quality evidence to inform decision-making and improve the lives of people living in poverty in low- and middle-income countries. We provide guidance and support to produce, synthesise and quality assure evidence of what works, for whom, how, why and at what cost. 3ie is registered as a non-governmental organisation in the United States of America. It has offices in New Delhi, London and Washington, DC.
In recent years, 3ie has witnessed immense growth in its human resources which has given rise to challenges in formulating and instituting of best practices, compensation planning to attract best talent, and capacity building and performance management across 3ie offices. 3ie is seeking to recruit a Senior Human Resource Manager to deliver high quality and responsive human resource management which is in line with labour law requirements and best practice, and also meets the current as well as the future needs of the organisation.
The Senior Human Resource Manager will be responsible for the development, review and implementation of HR policies and procedures. She/he will ensure that staff policies and procedures are aligned in accordance with local laws and with national and global best practices in the development sector.
The Senior Human Resource Manager will report directly to the Director of Administration and Finance, based in New Delhi, with a dotted line reporting to the Executive Director on policy matters. She/he will supervise one full-time HR officer and may supervise consultants as needed. The preferred location is Delhi although exceptional candidates may be located elsewhere.