Senior Human Resources Manager
The position is responsible for managing and administering the full gamut of human resources programs, practices and policies for a mission-driven, humanitarian and aid, and development nonprofit organization that operates a wide variety of programs both domestically and internationally. This manager will bring both a strategic and tactical talent management approach to the organization, with a strong focus on supporting the overall business plan and succession planning. The individual will plan, implement and manage activities related to talent acquisition, management and onboarding; benefits and compensation administration, staff development/training, performance management and the appraisal cycle, strategic employee relations and issues resolution, and payroll and HRIS administration. The position is critical in the development and implementation of policies and new practices that impact the growth and business development of this organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and recommends policies and procedures, and interfaces with executive management on such implementation relating to best HR practices.
- Oversees and monitors the organization’s compliance with local, state and federal regulations and laws in matters relating to employment and employer-sponsored benefits.
- Manages and facilitates talent acquisition strategies and candidate sourcing practices and conducts onboarding and employee orientation programs.
- Guides executive management in the annual review, preparation and administration of the organization’s compensation program; and monitors and manages the performance evaluation program.
- Plans, manages and supervises activities relating to the administration and maintenance of payroll and employee benefits programs.
- Develops and controls programs in a manner that ensures cost-effectiveness, market competitiveness and internal equity among employees.
- Conducts needs assessments, develops training curriculum and conducts staff training.
- Manages and facilitates the investigation and resolution of ongoing employee relations issues; anticipates problems as appropriate, and develops, recommends and initiates appropriate steps for resolution.
- Designs and revises organization’s HR forms and manages the maintenance of records by internal departments.
- Obtains vendor bids and works with executive management regarding program costs and any employer-employee cost-sharing.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, human resources/labor relations or related discipline; Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred.
- Minimum 7 - 10 years’ progressively responsible experience; including a focus on organizational planning and metrics.
- Good working knowledge, with subject matter expertise, in state and federal employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Proven experience collaborating and building relationships at all organizational levels, including executive.
- Ability to convey trust and confidentiality to employee base at all levels.
- Strong project management experience with proven proficiency in overseeing and handling the prioritization of multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Solid management skills in issue assessment and resolution, and staff delegation and development.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal/oral and written skills, with the ability to communicate skillfully with internal staff and management at all levels.
- Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills, with the ability to build consensus among peers, colleagues and superiors.
- Must exhibit strong customer focus to work with multi-level staff and senior/executive management.
- Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office, and prior operational experience with several HRIS and payroll systems.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.