Senior Humanitarian & Business Development Manager
Salary: £36,994 per annum, depending on experience + good range of benefits
Contract: Permanent – 36.5 hours per week
Based: Milton Keynes – Currently home working during COVID-19
World Vision is an international children’s charity working with children, their communities, and with supporters and partners, in almost 100 countries.
Through long-term development projects, emergency responses and advocacy we have helped bring lasting change to millions of children, over more than 60 years. And as a Christian organisation, everything we do is motivated by our faith as we strive to reflect God’s unconditional love.
Work for World Vision UK and you will be part of an exciting and a truly global Partnership, building brighter futures for vulnerable children.
The Senior Humanitarian & Business Development Manager will join the Business Development and Acquisition Unit at World Vision United Kingdom (WVUK) and will be responsible for ensuring WVUK maximises its impact on the lives of the most vulnerable children in fragile states, emergency response and developing contexts through effective cross-organisational coordination. With a drive for influencing the humanitarian sector, you will be actively engaged in external networks, and will manage a small team, responsible for establishing a sustainable and diversified institutional funding pipeline (grants, tenders, and innovative funding opportunities). You will build and maintain strong relationships with the World Vision International (WVI) Global Centre and Regional Office Resource Development Hubs and will support WVUKs’ MEAL and Research Advisors to identify and secure strategic research partnerships that contribute to effective programming and support WVUKs’ culture of learning.
WVUK is seeking to find a person with the following knowledge, skills, and experience:
· An excellent understanding of humanitarian and development theory, process, and practice, including current humanitarian aid discourse, such as standards relating to quality and accountability in the aid sector (e.g., SPHERE, ICRC Code of Conduct, HAPI, etc.)
· Demonstrated knowledge and competence in assessment, design, and project cycle management for multi sector programmes in large complex and rapid on set emergencies.
· Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline.
· Significant management experience and active engagement in the humanitarian industry.
· Demonstrable understanding of the design requirements and regulations of major institutional donors, e.g., FCDO, EU, Start Fund, World Bank and Trusts and Foundations.
· Strong track record of working with, managing, and developing relationships with consortium partners
· Strong financial management and reporting skills, strong quality assurance and proven experience of good quality proposal writing skills.
As an active Christian, this role offers you the opportunity to integrate your Christian faith and be sensitive to its various expressions across cultures and denominations.
In addition to the salary offered, we offer good benefits including pension, generous holiday entitlement and free parking (MK only).
Please click the apply link to view the full job description.
Please upload your CV of full employment history explaining any gaps of employment and reasons for leaving your previous employer. This must be accompanied with a covering letter stating how you meet the essential criteria given in the Job Description.
Closing Date for applications: 21 February 2021
Please note, we reserve the right to interview and appoint before the advertised closing date.
World Vision UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in our workforce. We welcome applications from people representing all sections of the community. World Vision UK also operates flexible working policies and practices.
As a child focused organisation, World Vision UK is committed to the safeguarding of children, therefore any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of applicable background checks, including a criminal records check.
By submitting your application, you understand and accept that World Vision UK will process the data you provide for the purposes of your application and in accordance with the World Vision UK - Job Applicant Privacy Notice is available on our website.
No agencies please.