Banyan Global is a woman-owned small business and international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches for a broad and lasting impact. The firm is headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in several developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: gender, youth, finance and investment, enterprise development, health, and evaluation and learning.
Banyan Global is currently seeking potential staff for the upcoming USAID-funded project “Youth Employment for Migration Prevention (YEMP) Activity.” The purpose of the YEMP project will be to increase employment of youth at risk of irregular migration in support of Mission-wide efforts to reduce irregular migration to the United States by increasing their educational and income generating opportunities. The beneficiaries will be youth from high out-migration areas as well as other youth at risk of irregular migration, including returned youth migrants. In certain geographic areas youth will be vulnerable and/or at risk of being victims or perpetrators of violence and or at risk of gang recruitment.
*Please note that this position is contingent upon Banyan Global being selected.
- Provide strategic and technical leadership in developing plans and support their execution to ensure the project incorporates world-class innovation, entrepreneurship, and youth employment models.
- Guide youth entrepreneurship, self-employment, promotion of youth-led economic activities, apprentice programs and youth enterprises.
- Experience applying Positive Youth Development principles and strategies.
- Advise the program in developing strategies and plans to improve the economic participation rate of youth within the labor force.
- Collaborate with all cross-cutting and technical teams for purposes of tracking progress and ensuring targets are met.
- Closely collaborate with partners and other USAID projects for the development of strategies and interventions that promote the economic and social empowerment of youth.
- Contribute to development of work planning and written program reporting.
- Serve as a key member in guiding the effective activity implementation and achievement of youth objectives.
- Contribute to the creation of work plans and periodic written program reports, summarizing youth results and evidence as well as progress and evidence of transformative approaches.
- Identify and address capacity building and resource needs for project staff and partners.
- Manage relationships with partners and collaborators, including government and the private sector.
- The candidate must be professionally proficient and fluent in written and spoken English and Spanish.
· A master’s degree in business, management, education, social sciences, development studies, or relevant field is required.
· At least 10 years of experience in high-level management in workforce development, jobs creation and/or placement, in a context of innovative, entrepreneurial youth enterprises, with a background in Positive Youth Development.
- Competency in qualitative data analysis in adaptive programming
- Highly developed conceptual, analytical and innovative problem-solving ability.
- Strong interpersonal skills, self-motivated and result-driven, with ability to effectively build and manage networks and relationships to ensure effective engagement by staff and partners in M&E system participation and issue-resolution
· Demonstrated experience working in the education or workforce development sector in Central America; Honduras experience is preferable.
Salary commensurate with background and experience. Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply to the position through our website, http://www.banyanglobal.com/careers.php and include a cover letter and resume in your submission. Please no phone calls.
About the OrganizationBanyan Global is a small, women-owned development consulting firm, founded on the principle that integrating expertise and experience from the development community and private sector will achieve a broad and lasting impact. Through market-driven, business approaches, Banyan Global works with the private sector, civil society, and government to improve livelihoods, build markets, and promote efficient resource allocation in developing and transitional economies. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within four practice areas: health sector development, microfinance, enterprise development, and financial sector development. Gender is a cross-cutting area of expertise.
Banyan Global brings together a unique team of professionals with experience in international development and the private sector. Banyan Global provides advisory, policy, and regulatory services; program management; technical assistance and training; and research and evaluation. Banyan Global also provides niche expertise in gender and post-conflict. Banyan Global's clients include leading bilateral and multilateral donor agencies, regional development banks, foundations, not-for-profit organizations, business, and industry. Banyan Global holds a significant portfolio of subcontracts for USAID-funded work and has worked in more than 35 countries, serving clients in Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East.
More Jobs from this Organization