Senior Innovations, Entrepreneurship, and Youth Employment Officer, Youth Workforce Development, Honduras
ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Senior Innovations, Entrepreneurship, and Youth Employment Officer for an anticipated Youth Workforce Development program in Honduras funded by USAID. The Senior Innovations, Entrepreneurship, and Youth Employment Officer will provide visionary technical oversight and guidance to the Activity regarding innovations, entrepreneurship, and youth employment. The Employment Officer is expected to spearhead youth social entrepreneurship and youth enterprises implemented with Positive Youth Development principles. The position is based in Tegucigalpa, Honduras and is anticipated to start in 2020.
- Provide visionary technical oversight and guidance to the Activity regarding innovations, entrepreneurship, and youth employment
- Spearhead youth social entrepreneurship and youth enterprises implemented with Positive Youth Development principles
- Advise the program in developing strategies and plans to improve the economic participation rate of youth and women and systemic changes within the labor force
- Lead the development of strategies and interventions that promote the economic and social empowerment of youth, especially young women
- Serve as a key member in guiding the effective activity implementation and achievement of youth objectives
- Collaborate with other staff to ensure gender and youth are integrated properly throughout the program areas in accordance with ACDI/VOCA and USAID’s youth and gender strategy
- Oversee the analysis of available desk research and support field assessments to identify age- and gender- specific challenges and opportunities for youth engagement in on- and off-farm economic opportunities
- Work with the M&E Manager to ensure that data is age-disaggregated, and that youth impacts and resource utilization are tracked, monitored, analyzed, and reported.
- Strengthen service data/monitoring to ensure that youth and gender inequities are tracked and appropriate response strategies are implemented; organize/support regular monitoring among local districts, NGO partners, and service providers
- Analyze and report on program and project progress and ensure that youth and gender program components are results-oriented
- Contribute to the creation of work plans and periodic written program reports, summarizing youth results and evidence as well as progress and evidence of transformative approaches.
- Identify and address capacity building and resource needs for project staff and partners
- A master’s degree in business, management, education, social sciences, development studies, or relevant field.
- At least 10 years of experience in high-level management in workforce development, jobs creation and/or placement, in a context of innovative, entrepreneurial youth enterprises, with background in Positive Youth Development.
- Demonstrated experience working in the education or workforce development sector in Latin America, particularly in Honduras.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Spanish.
Honduran nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.